• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars (NES, Game Boy) gets a reprint, and it's retro as all getout

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
BothSTARWARS_TITLES_1024x1024.png

Via Limited Run Games.

What are your thoughts? Too excessive? Wonderfully nostalgic?

Will you buy it?

HotPocket69

Banned
I think it's awesome and man that NES version is hard as fuck

Also where's the Limited Run Game Gear and Master System versions???

Those were at least beatable by my youth standards
:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Last edited:

kunonabi

Had the Gameboy game and beat it but I don't know if I want to subject myself to it again. I don't remember the cart being blue though.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I so wish they would port these and the Super Nintendo ones to the PS4/Xbox One.

I know they did super Star Wars in the PS4, I own it. But man, that was a cock tease, and only on one format... ugh....

Orenji Neko

I actually have 3 versions of this game; the NES, the Gameboy, and the Game Gear. This is just me personally, but I felt like the Game Gear version was by far the best. Pretty challenging game too, but all in all I preferred the Super Star Wars series, especially ESB. (I think it's a mixture of the game being a bit more refined as well as ESB being my fav SW movie.)

bArTl3bY

I'm fairly certain I still have my NES copy, have fond memories of how insane it was. As much as I like the look of this release, this would just sit on the pile of stuff I've yet to find homes for.

Birdo

Banned
I purchasesd the NES version with my birthday money when I was a kid (£60 at ASDA!)

I chose it because of the X-Wing level screenshot on the back of the box......... I never reached that level. It was WAAAAAY too hard for a kid. But I did love playing it.

Top Bottom