• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gets a Launch Trailer and a Steam Page

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
iu

EA returns to Steam, and requires a third party launcher (Origin). Nice. Hope they bring some more of their back-catalog stuff.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
INTERNET CONNECTION; EA ACCOUNT; STEAM ACCOUNT; ACCEPTANCE OF EA USER AGREEMENT (terms.ea.com) & ORIGIN END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (ea.com/legal); AND DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION OF THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (origin.com/download) REQUIRED TO PLAY. YOU MUST LINK YOUR EA AND STEAM ACCOUNTS TO PLAY; EA WILL SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT ID AND INDIVIDUAL GAME AND PLAY RECORDS WITH STEAM TO VALIDATE YOUR PURCHASE AND/OR REFUND REQUEST.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
uh--holy shit.
I don't know what else to say. This is a real big holy shit. I thought we might only be seeing legacy EA games return to Steam.

Fbh

Shrek is a sith now?

INTERNET CONNECTION; EA ACCOUNT; STEAM ACCOUNT; ACCEPTANCE OF EA USER AGREEMENT (terms.ea.com) & ORIGIN END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (ea.com/legal); AND DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION OF THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (origin.com/download) REQUIRED TO PLAY. YOU MUST LINK YOUR EA AND STEAM ACCOUNTS TO PLAY; EA WILL SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT ID AND INDIVIDUAL GAME AND PLAY RECORDS WITH STEAM TO VALIDATE YOUR PURCHASE AND/OR REFUND REQUEST.

"Also your first born child, a blood sample and the keys to your car"

jshackles

What does this mean?
It's the first game that EA has published on Steam since 2013. The last EA game published on Steam that wasn't a Sims 3 expansion was 2011.

So realistically it hails the return of EA games to Steam. As Jooxed Jooxed pointed out above, EA is apparently bringing their EA Access program to Steam as well, which means we'll see a lot of EA's back catalog from the last eight years come to Steam also.

iu

Last edited:

garballax

this tells me that family sharing will most likely not work with this... right?
good question. probably not.

Can all Steam games be shared with friends and family?
No, due to technical limitations, some Steam games may be unavailable for sharing. For example, titles that require an additional third-party key, account, or subscription in order to play cannot be shared between accounts.
source:

Last edited:

iorek21

I hope this won't be a short game...

Also, Imperial March in the music, Vader will obviously be the final boss

Pejo

EA Stuff aside I am much more stoked about this game since first reveal
Yea same. I think this game will have a much bigger/healthier PC userbase because of this move. Hopefully that means more mods and cool shit. I'm really looking forward to it.

jshackles

The game is on steam but i can't find steam keys in the usual shops...
Probably because, like Uplay before, EA won't be generating Steam keys for the game and will instead sell it through third party shops directly with keys to activate the game on Origin.

I really don't understand why they do this. It's so pointless to buy it from Steam if another launcher needs to be downloaded and needs to be running in order to play the game. Just use the other launcher... with that said, I have great hopes for Jedi Fallen Order. Hopefully it will deliver

adamosmaki

Still not sold on EA making a single player game, hell i m not sold on EA not f*****g it up.
You have one job EA make a good star wars game. The story the premise is all there just come through

VulcanRaven

This looks interesting. I'm going to buy it at some point but not at launch. I haven't watched all the gameplay videos but is this game all action? I hope there are parts when you can just walk around and explore. Mos Espa levels were fun in Episode 1 game:

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Why does the sound on that video sound so weird on my setup...?

Anyway, hyped for this, big time. Didn't know how much they took from Souls until now, but losing your XP when you die and you have to go back to the enemy that killed you to get it? Bonfires? movement like Souls? Oh god yes please.

Darak

The primary reason we have launchers is DRM. The second one is telemetry (user data mining). My educated guess is that games requiring multiple launchers are going to become more common in the future.

Also, wasn't this the case already with Ubi games?

This looks interesting. I'm going to buy it at some point but not at launch. I haven't watched all the gameplay videos but is this game all action? I hope there are parts when you can just walk around and explore. Mos Espa levels were fun in Episode 1 game:

Man, great memories, always loved this game

Coflash

Saving some people a click...

“So, with Jedi: Fallen Order we’ve really followed the authentic Star Wars / Lucasfilm realization of dismemberment. Which is that it happens in big story moments occasionally, but you don’t see it happening constantly to sentient people.” In other words: if someone is going to lose a hand in Fallen Order, it’s going to happen in a climatic story moment and not cheapened by letting players do it to hundreds of faceless goons.

...seriously?

What a load of shit.

And the game won’t be completely free of dismemberment, either. As Contreras explains, “Droids and creatures that you fight will be dismembered on a frequent basis, but otherwise we save it for big moments.” Having played an extended portion of the game, I can confirm that Fallen Order doesn’t shy away here: while stormtroopers would go down with some glowing scorch marks, enemy droids and giant rat creatures were properly sliced and diced.

:poop:

Last edited:
Top Bottom