• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stand and be counted: Predict when will the Coronavirus go away?

When will the Coronavirus end?

• In less than 2 weeks

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • A month

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • 1 ~ 3 months

Votes: 46 22.3%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 21.4%
  • A year or more.

Votes: 47 22.8%
  • Never. we'll just have to learn to live with it.

Votes: 57 27.7%

• Total voters

JordanN

Banned
So this Coronavirus has only only been around for months yet the damage it has done is enormous.

We're losing jobs, we're losing money, we might even lose our minds.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrr.... maybe there is still hope.

So Neogaf, tell me when do you think the pandemic will be over? Or if it will even be over?

Pagusas

Elden Member
I think June things will start loosening, but I think we’ll get hit with waves of it until a vaccine comes out next year (late in the year). I think once that happens it will start being treated more like the flu/pneumonia than a unstoppable force like it is now. It won’t be leaving us though, I think it will become Just as common as the flu for us.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Not until we find a vaccine so a year.
Do you think people will keep their sanity for that long?

That's a year of kids being stuck inside their homes instead of starting the new school year, let alone, finishing their last one.

And a lot of small businesses are struggling as it is. Imagine 12 months of negative profit, on top of paying rent & utilities.

Last edited:

womfalcs3

Banned
All the past coronaviruses have stuck around for at least 3 years. And they didn't spread as viciously as this one has. A vaccine will help, but I'd say at least 5 years.

NeoGiffer

You couldn’t put an Easter option?

OldfashionedObviousArcticfox-size_restricted.gif

PaltryEasygoingDore-size_restricted.gif

darkestdame

Banned
Do you think people will keep their sanity for that long?

That's a year of kids being stuck inside their homes instead of starting the new school year, let alone, finishing their last one.

And a lot of small businesses are struggling as it is. Imagine 12 months of negative profit, on top of paying rent & utilities.
I really think people will get fed up in the summer and go out anyway, but then go back inside when the numbers flare up again. They're definitely going to go crazy but I'm a hermit by nature.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
It won’t go away until there’s a widely available vaccine, so 12+ months. We will be through the state of emergency by the end of this year, most likely, due to herd immunity. Countries that have successfully contained will be at high risk of new outbreaks until a vaccine is ready.

The world will not be the same going forward.

It's never going to go away but the current situation of quarantines/lockdowns should be over by the end of the summer I think. Countries just need to get it semi-under control before we get on with our lives.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It isn't going away it just won't be a big deal anymore, same as the other coronaviruses that people catch all the time, because people will have built up immunity. This is only bad because it is a new version of the virus for humans, and so there are no existing b or t cells that recognize it.

Domisto

I voted never.

Doubt it can be stamped out due to spread. A vaccine is a minimum of 18 months away and may not come at all.

Depressing, but that's nature.

Javthusiast

Banned
Vaccine won't be found till mid to end of next year at the earliest.

Obviously we probably won't be stuck in quarantine till then, but it will be an on/off battle in the coming months with the virus going away for a while then coming back, us going into quarantine again, rinse and repeat.

Ovek

7Member7
It's never going away, and when a country ends their lock down due to severe civil unrest (it's brewing in Italy) or they think they have a handle on the outbreak it will spread again.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Never. we'll just have to learn to live with it.
I too am optimistic about the future.

Sandyman

Neo Member
Well it will always be here. But I believe the outbreak will last, at most, 3 months. I foresee millions of deaths. Many countries will be fucked forever. I will stay at home and eat ramen.

JordanN

Banned
Hoping for 6 months. To turn 30 and have COVID-19 prevent you from doing anything. Why live?
That reminds me, the U.S is holding an election this year.

If the virus is still going on, R.I.P anyone who goes to the poll on election day.

Last edited:

GHG

Never unfortunately.

Now that this thing is out in the wild it's here to stay. This virus is stubborn, is highly transmissible and people are disgusting.

It's going nowhere. We need to hope it doesn't mutate too much and that whatever vaccines they come up with are up to the task.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
Never, this shit is here to stay. We need vaccines to be able to live with it normally.

Edit: World War Z on tv, great...

Last edited:
In about 3 days...

Otherwise my account is facing 14 days in isolation :messenger_tears_of_joy:

OT: next year will we see Niquil cold flu and corona tablets, or Lemsip Covid 19?

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
It won’t go away until there’s a widely available vaccine, so 12+ months. We will be through the state of emergency by the end of this year, most likely, due to herd immunity. Countries that have successfully contained will be at high risk of new outbreaks until a vaccine is ready.

i wonder how many “world is never going to the same” events we are going to have in our lifetime.

Aggelos

It'll dissipate once there's a tested vaccine available (with all its bells and whistles).
Until then it'll be pretty much around.

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Banned

Yep this is the new 911. Things will probably never be the same this generation.

Kadayi

Banned
I doubt we will ever get rid of it entirely, but the once countries curtail their present infection rates then I suspect we'll see some easing when it comes to the present localised lockdowns, however, I expect international travel will be severely restricted (or with strict quarantine procedures in place) until a vaccine is developed.

Top Bottom