• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Blocks Ghost of Tsushima PC Sales in Countries Without PSN

hemo memo

Sony never implemented or thought of having a proper refund system, so of course they made this mistake. PC gaming is different, Sony.

It would be really interesting when Sony release their launcher and allows refunds on PC but not on console.

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Why is this an issue at all. Sony obviously only wants to release in places PSN is in place. Valve doing this makes zero sense.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ayo @Tiago Rodrigues, is that you?

l5PNtU5.jpeg

Lol

Caught in 4K lol

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Its still not clear whether its sony or steam doing it. All points to it being Sony themselves blocking the game.

It is Sony who is blocking the countries for Helldivers 2 so fair to say Sony’s the one doing the restriction here. Generally Valve only intercept if the game is breaking some law.

oydlojwxjrzc1.png

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Amateur hour…How badly is the PSN situation treated.

While I agree that it's not ideal for the games to not be available in all these places I also find these arguments completely hilarious.

Game is not available in 92.3% of the worldz!!!, is that 92.3% by money spent? by land mass? by amount of countries in planet earth?

The games are available in most the main regions that do the bulk of the buying, if they weren't Sony would be moving faster to add all the others.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Sorry but if a company doesn't operate in a region I don't see how it's appropriate for them to allow it to be sold there officially. I mean wouldn't it be "anti consumer" to offer those buyers an inferior service?

FewRope

Sorry but if a company doesn't operate in a region I don't see how it's appropriate for them to allow it to be sold there officially. I mean wouldn't it be "anti consumer" to offer those buyers an inferior service?
Its really not, sucks but it is what it is. Is Days Gone and GOW 2018 available globally?

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Neither of those have online mp, so there's no concerns to be had about maintaining service quality.
Which given PSN is an online service has to be a major consideration legally speaking

Top Bottom