• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speculation Time: Zenimax Online Studios (The Elderscrolls Online) will be developing the next KOTOR game

Starfield

Why? Because I say so.

Jason Schreier somewhere said the next KOTOR game won't be developed by EA

ZOS hired StarWars veteran for their new IP/Game: https://in.ign.com/elder-scrolls-on...tudios-hires-star-wars-veteran-for-its-new-ip

Star Wars liscencing the Star Wars IP to other studios (Ubisoft, etc)

The next game after The Elder Scrolls Online will be KOTOR bois (probably online/mmo)

If that becomes true, do I turn into a god?

Last edited:

AJUMP23

I doubt this is true as they already had a KOTOR MMO, no sense in retreading old ground. I think they don't have the bandwidth to develop a new game and with the purchase from MS, it would make the game exclusive most likely. To much of an entangled contract web to work though.

If your prediction are true buy a lottery ticket.

Starfield

I doubt this is true as they already had a KOTOR MMO, no sense in retreading old ground. I think they don't have the bandwidth to develop a new game and with the purchase from MS, it would make the game exclusive most likely. To much of an entangled contract web to work though.

I rather buy Starlink shares

graywolf323

I'd have to imagine we're more likely to see a The High Republic game since that seems to be LucasArts big focus right now across various forms of media

Last edited:

Hawk269

I don't think that will happen.....but I would love a new Star Wars MMO. I played the PC MMO for a bit...but if they can combine ESO Gameplay but with a Star Wars influence that would be amazing in my mind.

NullZ3r0

Banned

KOTOR and The Old Republic MMOs are different games, I thought.

wipeout364

Why would Zenimax release a star wars MMO, that they would have to rely on the assholes at Disney who can veto anything and then have to send them a check every month for doing nothing but be an obstruction when they have access to so many of their own IP and now Microsofts studio family IP. Ask EA and Square how awesome the Disney deals are, I am sure they have some great insight.

Last edited:

Arimer

I wouldn't mind that, they have the story elements down well enough. But if they do they better do a better job on combat. I cant play ESO because the combat feels like garbage. There's no weight to it.

D.Final

Banned

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I don't think that will happen.....but I would love a new Star Wars MMO. I played the PC MMO for a bit...but if they can combine ESO Gameplay but with a Star Wars influence that would be amazing in my mind.

What would you want something from the eso gameplay? Besides the interesting world the game has the most doll animations and combat in any mmorpg.

Topher

Gold Member
I'm hoping Spiders gets it. Greedfall has that classic Bioware gameplay that Bioware doesn't seem to care about anymore.

lol.....random "triggered" reaction Hendrick's Hendrick's ?

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I do wonder though with machine games doing Indy, you wonder if Bethesda has been talking to Lucasarts for more than just a indy game?

Thirty7ven

Banned
“we’ll ‘never guess’ who the studio is that’s making this game.”

“It’s not as mysterious as you think. It’s just not a household name most people are aware of.”

Reaction - KOTOR by Bethesda and MS OMG

Huh?

Kokoloko85

Not a bad team to make it but Im not interested in another MMO KOTOR.
I want an offline remake or sequel. Its a top 20 favourite game of mine. Couldnt care less for an MMO version

Topher

Gold Member
Not random, just don't see a Euro-jank RPG dev getting the SW license. Not going to happen.

So you use "triggered" to indicate disagreement? That's a bit odd, but ok. You are probably right though. What studio would you guess would get KOTOR?

Last edited:
Top Bottom