• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spain shatters two-party rule, Europe watches as it turns into an ungovernable mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiamant

So basically in December some of the PP voters thought "hey, these C's sound more modern and open" only to say "fuck it" half year later.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Pedro Sánchez: SEE WHAT YOU DID, PABLO?

Man, that lost chance at grabbing the presidency is going to haunt him forever.

So basically in December some of the PP voters thought "hey, these C's sound more modern and open" only to say "fuck it" half year later.
We've reached Belgian territory now.

Fuck. Me.

Ferr986

The fuck with Pedro Sanchez celebrating their worsts results ever just because Podemos didn't pass them over?

What a sad level the politics from Spain keep showing.

Tiamant

Some context for the non-spaniards in this thread:

Cl5_lzRWAAA6nud.jpg:large

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The PSOE lost at Andalucia and Extremadura. It got rolled at ALL REGIONAL CONSTITUCENCIES and ended up with its own result ever.

Yet they are celebrating Podemos didn't overtake them. The hubris.

This is the reality of Spanish politics.

Kain

The fuck with Pedro Sanchez celebrating their worsts results ever just because Podemos didn't pass them over?

What a sad level the politics from Spain keep showing.

This is the level of the people, not politics. Politics is just a reflection of a rotten, vengeful and fucked up society that likes to be robbed and votes for corruption, cutting of public spending and fascism.

This is the victory of fear, the victory of "the devil you know..."

There is no solution. If all the corruption cases, all the numbers, all the shit this goverment has been doing has not changed people's minds, nothing will.

I'm not blaming the corrupt parties, I'm blaming the people that supports them. People here don't vote for, they vote against. They prefer thieves and liberalist corrupts to new things because they don't like the guy with the ponytail. And Venezuela, always Venezuela.

Stupid Sánchez congratulating himself after having disastrous results tells you all you need to know about spanish society. Again, this country and its people disgust me.

joanot

Fuck democracy, or should we call it idiocracy now ?

First Brexit and now this, looks like we are a bunch of sadistics bastards.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Time to make peace with the fact that nothing is going to change in the slightest until the PP starts targeting pensioners.

Chao

Time to make peace with the fact that nothing is going to change in the slightest until the PP starts targeting pensioners.

I think we may end up starting a civil war at some point. How can they keep winning when not one day goes by without a new corruption scandal?

I swear these elections must be rigged

This is just depressing.
This is pretty much how I feel. No energy to be angry, sarcastic or anything of the sort. I feel defeated, sad, fearful.

So what now? Elections ad nauseam? 4-8 more years of the same unabashed crooks ruling us? Like Funky Papa said, better make peace with the fact nothing will change unless they fuck with the 60+ electorate directly.

I was going to post "your left is in tatters, but at least you don't have to deal with FN", then I rembered how shit and hardcore PP can get.

Funnily enough, we spent two weeks in Spain last month and left thinking "yeah, the country is a bit too religious for my tastes but they seem fairly liberal too". Except we were staying in Lavapiés LOL.

Continental Europe sounds so fucked right now.

Ydelnae

I never thought this elections would change anything, but I think Spain is indeed changing and as younger generations start maturing and the elders pass away, the political environment will turn around. I don't think the PP party will throw Spain into a void of despair this next 4 years, but they really need to cut their shit down, stop the corruption stuff, and come off as a clean party who is really willing to let the country grow.

Ogodei

The problem is that a left grand-coalition is needed but won't happen for some reason.

One of the cases where a two-party system works better, since if Podemos politicians just formed a left-bloc wing of PSOE, they'd have their government already (yes, i get that this is oversimplifying how it would actually be).

tolkir

I think we may end up starting a civil war at some point. How can they keep winning when not one day goes by without a new corruption scandal?

I swear these elections must be rigged

Please, stop to watch Marvel movies.

I don't know if PP will try to fix something because they have the votes anyway, but it would be a good time to clean its party to get back some integrity.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
My guess would be that the corrupt party will win a landslide in the next election. That's what happened where I lived, sort of. There were huge scandals, so the government lost to its main opposition, but that ended up as a minority government and when it called for elections again less than two years later hoping for a majority, people put back the corrupt party in power as a majority government. And it's still very corrupt, and will likely remain in power for another good six years at least (it was in power for around 12 years before losing for a year and half). That's 20 years of being run by a party that is known, even judicially, to be corrupt, and for which scandals still come out.

People prefer to put back a "working government in power" than keeping a minority government in place for long.

EVH

I want the PSOE to abstain just for the sheer fuckery of a PP+Ciudadanos government that would probably crumble in a few months.

Seeing how much support they won after all the Valencian and Punica corruption plus the fabrication of false proof against indeps, i dont think we in spain have the balls to make a government crumble.

I feel totally stupid. I even feel like this is just made up and that new company that the PP contracted without a public selection for managing the votes is fucking up the results.

Atolm

When the first results started to come in, I was angry. Now I'm just depressed. There's no way to turn this country around, it has been shown again and again.

Oh how I wish I was born a Catalonian now. I could dream of becoming independent from this corrupt, rotten shell of a nation we have. It would be only a dream but hey, dreams can give you hope.

I'm almost 30 and I really see no future here.

Rolodzeo

When the first results started to come in, I was angry. Now I'm just depressed. There's no way to turn this country around, it has been shown again and again.

Oh how I wish I was born a Catalonian now. I could dream of becoming independent from this corrupt, rotten shell of a nation we have. It would be only a dream but hey, dreams can give you hope.

Because there isn't. PP gained more than half million votes since december. Fuck my life, this country is beyond comprehension.

correojon

I can't think of any way to convince Catalonians to stay after this. At this point I hope the Basque Country also tries to pursue their independence. Get out of this shithole asap.

Ferr986

I don't know if PP will try to fix something because they have the votes anyway, but it would be a good time to clean its party to get back some integrity.

Seeing the results, at this point they would lose votes if they would do that.

201604_mariano-robame.jpg

X-chema

Neo Member
Pedro Sánchez: SEE WHAT YOU DID, PABLO?

Man, that lost chance at grabbing the presidency is going to haunt him forever.

Totally Agree, what a lost chance, even if was for only three or four months to deactivate some stupid laws (citizen security law, I am looking at you).

P.D.- I am one of the lost million voters of Podemos for that movement

Fuck. Me.

Don't worry, that's the only thing we're sure the PP are going to do to you....to me...to everybody....and they are gonna keep winning elections.

Xanfrabot

Neo Member
We are idiots, there's no other explanation to this. Also the polls are a joke. Mariano Rajoy could kill a kitty on TV and win more votes.

I guess I am moving to Canada. Their Health System seems pretty good, I don't know.

Kain

They should change the spanish flag to a guy getting pegged with a dildo covered in thorns, both smiling of course.

kami_sama

This is such a shitty situation all around.
Pollsters fucking with us.
PP regaining support.
PSOE not blaming themselves for their own result.
Fucking PP winning in the Valencian Community after so many scandals.

WeskerXXI

It's depressing. I expected PP to win because we don't learn and change takes time but... gaining votes? The hell? What do they need to do to lose votes? Eat babies on live TV? Good God...

I'm totally convinced now, after Brexit and now this, Trump is taking the US elections. People of the US, please prove me wrong! Give me hope!

Impulsor

A tweet I just read that I found illustrates our situation pretty accurately.

"Spain is like the Titanic, but with the passengers applauding"

Spot on.

Metroxed

Everytime I start thinking that perhaps there is hope in Spain, that perhaps Spain is not that bad and being a Spaniard is not that bad, Spain does not fail to disappoint me.

As a Basque, and after yesterday's results, I am more and more convinced that independence is the only way. Independentzia bide bakarra da. There's no other way to escape from this mess.

Impulsor

Everytime I start thinking that perhaps there is hope in Spain, that perhaps Spain is not that bad and being a Spaniard is not that bad, Spain does not fail to disappoint me.

As a Basque, and after yesterday's results, I am more and more convinced that independence is the only way. Independentzia bide bakarra da. There's no other way to escape from this mess.

A lot of Catalonian friends are telling me the same thing.

I don't like it :( I don't want you guys to go.... If you go, please take me with you.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The best available option, I think. The generational shift sure is taking a while though. Hopefully in 4 years this shit stops being so embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom