• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spain Sales: Week 6, 2023 (Feb 6 - Feb 12)

jm89

1. Hogwarts Legacy (PS5) 31,300 Physical, 44,250 Digital
2. Hogwarts Legacy (Xbox Series) 12,000 Physical, 7,900 Digital
3. Nintendo Switch Sports (Switch) 2,100
4. The Last of Us Part I (PS5) 2050
5. FIFA 23 (PS4)
6. God of War: Ragnarok (PS5) ) 1850
7. FIFA 23 (Switch)
8. Pokémon Scarlet and Purple (Switch)
9. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) 1400
10. Minecraft (Switch)

PS5: 9,150
Nintendo Switch: 3850
Xbox Series: 1,100
PS4: 450

Source: https://vandal.elespanol.com/notici...-espana-tanto-en-formato-fisico-como-digital/

These charts are physical game sales, but this week we got the digital games sales for hogwarts legacy. Surprisingly ps5 digital version of hogwarts legacy outsold the physical version this week.

Last edited:

Fake

harry potter spells GIF

Japan would be interesting to see the digital numbers. I'd bet we'd see alot more ps5 games enter the charts.

Yep, thats what im starting to think also. Physical sales mean less and less as time goes on, i wouldn’t be surprised if the hogwarts sales are similar there with such low stock of physical for it.

Thats how elden ring sold 1 million copies in japan those first few months even though physical was only showing 300k between ps4 and ps5

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Yep, thats what im starting to think also. Physical sales mean less and less as time goes on, i wouldn’t be surprised if the hogwarts sales are similar there with such low stock of physical for it.

Thats how elden ring sold 1 million copies in japan those first few months even though physical was only showing 300k between ps4 and ps5
300K (physical) + 700K (digital) is pretty common, I'd say.

Industry-wide digital ratio is around 60-65%. So 70% digital ratio for Elden Ring wasn't too surprising.

Three

Previously I'd be like "WTF is going on." But after that EU market share and Console MAU reveal, these are actually ok numbers for XBOX.
The EU marketshare graph matches this and spain is usually the worst for xbox so I would be surprised if the wider EEA is also 80/20.

Xbox = 20/(75+20) = 21%
PS = 79%

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
JGr78DM.jpg

sony really score a big win with that Marketing deal.
Yep, very strategic of Sony.

I suspect their next big deal, Avatar, will also have similar positive results for PlayStation. It won't likely do Hogwart's numbers, but it will sell a lot of units nevertheless and most of them would be on PlayStation.

1. Hogwarts Legacy (PS5) 31,300 Physical, 44,250 Digital
2. Hogwarts Legacy (Xbox Series) 12,000 Physical, 7,900 Digital
3. Nintendo Switch Sports (Switch) 2,100
4. The Last of Us Part I (PS5) 2050
5. FIFA 23 (PS4)
6. God of War: Ragnarok (PS5) ) 1850
7. FIFA 23 (Switch)
8. Pokémon Scarlet and Purple (Switch)
9. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) 1400
10. Minecraft (Switch)

PS5: 9,150
Nintendo Switch: 3850
Xbox Series: 1,100
PS4: 450

Source: https://vandal.elespanol.com/notici...-espana-tanto-en-formato-fisico-como-digital/

These charts are physical game sales, but this week we got the digital games sales for hogwarts legacy. Surprisingly ps5 digital version of hogwarts legacy outsold the physical version this week.
What's good amount of consoles to be sold a week in Spain please?

Saber

Gold Member
Thats very weird, why the digital is higher than physical there?

Is this have something to do with cheaper prices or something? Thats happens sometimes in Brazil

Thats very weird, why the digital is higher than physical there?

Is this have something to do with cheaper prices or something? Thats happens sometimes in Brazil

Maybe day 1 buyers intend to sell it later.

Once it goes on sale later, digital will pull ahead.

Also physical copies get into circulation in used market, that will take some time.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Previously I'd be like "WTF is going on." But after that EU market share and Console MAU reveal, these are actually ok numbers for XBOX.

Are they though? 21% of all sales, when Playstation has two other first party titles in the top 10 also.

reksveks

Why do you say that?
cause you don't take a single data point to prove/disprove anything, its not statistically relevant.

Before I get attacked, not saying it makes it even in general or even the same attach rate. I should have a look at the 'content and services' revenue from MS for the previous Q again and how it compares to rough MAU numbers.

Mr Moose

cause you don't take a single data point to prove/disprove anything, its not statistically relevant.

Before I get attacked, not saying it makes it even in general or even the same attach rate. I should have a look at the 'content and services' revenue from MS for the previous Q again and how it compares to rough MAU numbers.

I think it's 65% now, though I might be thinking of them combined rather than just PS5.
Edit: yeah its all of them lol 66%.
If we look purely at the games that were released both digitally and physically (so discounting all physical-only and digital-only games), 66% of games sold in the UK last year were downloaded.

Last edited:

reksveks

I think it's 65% now, though I might be thinking of them combined rather than just PS5.

You may be already accounting for it, but remember that these percentages that Chris is giving is just aggregated launch week splits for games. How Chris is exactly aggregating it, I am not sure.

Top Bottom