• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Dandy to air on Toonami starting January 2014 at 11:30pm - Dubbed by FUNi

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

There should be a brand new longer trailer and a Japanese website update pretty soon. Probably some time this week. Was supposed to be last week but they got delayed for whatever reason. There's also a preview screening in Japan next weekend for the first 3 episodes, so we might get some impressions by then. Pretty exciting! :D

duckroll

What're the chances of it getting 26+ episodes since right now it's only scheduled for only about 13 I think?

It's been expanded to 26 episodes already. Toonami tried to backtrack on it after they leaked it, by saying it wasn't "confirmed" yet, but it's definitely true.

duckroll

Ooooooh yeah!

http://www.space-dandy.com/

ZzniPGP.jpg

solomon

Lawd can't wait, now I need to run the cable from the room next door to watch this (canceled cable in my room years ago)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's like Parodius only more fabulous.

Is the airing gonna be simultaneous, like Jan 4 to everyone?

EDIT: Holy shit is that fucking Ideon in the upper right?!

Who else should have dubbed it? Viz where half the cast doesn't give a shit?
It's funny you chose Viz, because that is pretty much the root of my hate for dubs.

What? It's getting both a dub and sub release. The dub will air on Toonami, the sub will be available on simulcast on FUNi's site.
When it was mentioned we get it before Japan, I figured I'd be waiting for subs. Happy to be wrong!

It's funny you chose Viz, because that is pretty much the root of my hate for dubs.

When it was mentioned we get it before Japan, I figured I'd be waiting for subs. Happy to be wrong!

You will be waiting for subs just not as long as you thought as the show will air first in English on Toonami. Do we have an idea of when the show will air in Japan to see how long sub watchers will have to wait? Also funi's dubs over the past few years have been outstanding. Viz continues to disappoint the way their localizations usually do.

You will be waiting for subs just not as long as you thought as the show will air first in English on Toonami. Do we have an idea of when the show will air in Japan to see how long sub watchers will have to wait? Also funi's dubs over the past few years have been outstanding. Viz continues to disappoint the way their localizations usually do.

What? It's getting both a dub and sub release. The dub will air on Toonami, the sub will be available on simulcast on FUNi's site.

?

clearly my net lingo is rusty. I thought simulcast meant it would air on FUNi's site when it airs on Toonami?

And I still can't get behind dubs. Probably because like I said older dubs were just so awful. I haven't watched anything all that recent though, so I'm probably just missing the few good ones. People raved to me about Cowboy Bebop's dub, and I still couldn't watch it.

duckroll

The sub will simulcast with Japan. The "before Japan" thing is merely technical. The series starts in Jan pretty much everywhere in the world. Toonami is broadcasting it a day or a few days before the Japanese broadcast, that's all.

?

clearly my net lingo is rusty. I thought simulcast meant it would air on FUNi's site when it airs on Toonami?

And I still can't get behind dubs. Probably because like I said older dubs were just so awful. I haven't watched anything all that recent though, so I'm probably just missing the few good ones. People raved to me about Cowboy Bebop's dub, and I still couldn't watch it.

Simulcast means that the Japanese airing will air similtaneously or shortly after the Japanese version, Space Dandy is premiering dub first on Toonami Saturday nights. Space Dandy sub/simulcast won't be online until after the series airs in Japan which last I checked the only thing we knew was that it'd be "after the us" it could be anywhere from a few hours to a few days after the dub has aired.

duckroll

The Japanese broadcast will start on Tokyo MX on Jan 5 at 23:00 Japan time. This means the originally "leaked" Toonami announcement about it starting on Jan 4 at 23:30 has to be true, or it won't be airing before Japan. That gives Toonami about an 8+ hour lead over the Japanese broadcast. It basically airs on the same day.

Levyne

Banned
You mean cut it down? They shouldn't. De Marco mentioned the leading show will always air the full opening but I don't know if that was hot air. I sincerely hope not, would be exceedingly lame.

The sub will simulcast with Japan. The "before Japan" thing is merely technical. The series starts in Jan pretty much everywhere in the world. Toonami is broadcasting it a day or a few days before the Japanese broadcast, that's all.
Toonami at 11:30? They're moving up in the world, huh? Scares me a little to be honest...

Will be crushed if this isn't as good as it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom