• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sources: Bungie is Working on a MOBA-esque game, codenamed ‘Gummy Bears’

Pelta88

Bungie, the developer behind the popular looter-shooter, Destiny and recently revealed Marathon, is working on its third game, codenamed "Gummy Bears," sources have told The Game Post.

According to multiple sources with knowledge of Bungie's plans, Gummy Bears is the new game from the Destiny developer that incorporates many elements from the MOBA game genre (Massive Online Battle Arena), featuring a competitive PvP Team vs.Team experience.

Sounds kinda wild.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Moba.... how............... retro...

Gotta be that matter game with China

Almost definitely mobile

Last edited:
Will this be a sony GAAS exclusive?
Making a MOBA platform exclusive would be a terrible idea. MOBAs are really only popular on PCs. If it's a GAAS it needs to come to all platformers if they even want it to survive let alone be profitable.

GAAS titles rely on longevity and players support. If a GAAS game has no players, then it's done. So you need as many platforms as possible.

Last edited:

Pelta88

Making a MOBA platform exclusive would be a terrible idea. MOBAs are really only popular on PCs.

There are way too many examples of why this is nonsensical.

That aside, your argument remains invalid because bungie committed to all platforms. Something they again reiterated when signed the SIE contract to become a Sony owned studio.

There are way too many examples of why this is nonsensical.

That aside, your argument remains invalid because bungie committed to all platforms. Something they again reiterated when signed the SIE contract to become a Sony owned studio.
Just as nonsensical as your stupid Starifeld has no marketing posts and that Starfield is delayed concern threads where you can't even count properly and do basic math.

Also, I am well aware that Bungie is releasing games to other platforms besides PS5. I was simply making a general statement in regards to GaaS games and what they need to do to survive. You forgot who you are talking to, I work with Sony and many other publisjers anytime their is a big release around the corner and I've been in this industry for 10 years. I know what I am talking about lil Timmy

Last edited:

Pelta88

Just as nonsensical as your stupid Starifeld has no marketing posts and that Starfield is delayed concern threads.

Also, I am well aware that Bungie is releasing games to other platforms besides PS5. I was simply making a general statement in regards to GaaS games and what they need to do to survive. You forgot who you are talking to, I work with Sony and many other publisjers anytime their is a big release around the corner and I've been in this industry for 10 years. On the ignore list you go my friend.

At first I confused about your concern over my starfield posts. But the bolded...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Why are people harping on the MOBA inspiration when they say they are taking inspo from many genres.

"It draws inspiration from fighting games, platformers, MOBAs, life sims, and frog-type games, wrapped up in a lighthearted, comedic world."

Why not harp on the frog-type game or that its a platformer?

Why are people harping on the MOBA inspiration when they say they are taking inspo from many genres.

"It draws inspiration from fighting games, platformers, MOBAs, life sims, and frog-type games, wrapped up in a lighthearted, comedic world."

Why not harp on the frog-type game or that its a platformer?
I never heard of the term "frog type games" what does that even mean? Lol.

Holammer

My brain would be fk'n blown if it was a licensed Disney title. Admittedly a weird fit for a MOBA, but Bungie would never be that cool.
Man, that intro activates all sorts of neurons in my brains. Disney always nailed the dubbed theme song in other languages.

hlm666

I'm sure this wont end up on the trash pile with paragon, heroes of the storm, paladins, bleeding edge and all the other shit I can't remember the names of. The only real question is if overwatch manages to beat them to irrelevance or not.

Ar¢tos

I wish Sony would allow their other studios to do some weirder, smaller games.
Those times are gone, now it's either emotional walking simulator SP game or MP GAAS games.
PixelOpus got the boot in the ass, London has moved to GAAS, MM is probably moving to GAAS (or getting closed down after the next game), Housemarque can easily add MTX to the games they make, etc.
It's the future of gaming...

Top Bottom