• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soooooooooooo this is a thing

Prison Mike

Banned
Family nude swimming event returns to Waterworld this weekend despite outrage
Mirror 23/09/2020 16:55
A controversial event where adults and child swim naked inside an indoor aqua park is returning this weekend.

Waterworld in Stoke-on-Trent is hosting the skinny dipping session which has been organised by British Naturism.

The organisation, which promotes naturism in the UK, has moved to reassure its members that despite the coronavirus pandemic the naked swim will take place on Saturday, StokeonTrentLive reports.

Attendees are allowed to ditch their costumes and trunks and ride some of the best slides in nothing but their birthday suit.

Previously the event - which usually attracts around 300 people - has courted criticism from people who are concerned perverts could prey on youngsters.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I think I can understand. Personally, I like to be barefoot as often as possible.
I'm never nude unless I'm in the shower though. Just not my thing. I'm always fully dressed.

Nymphae

Banned
I thought nudists have seperate areas exclusive to them?

The article says this is a nudist event and not open to public and they have strict regulations. Not exactly my cup of tea but I'm not really understanding the outrage either, these types have existed for quite some time.

Kids getting exposed to normal naked people: BAD
Kids getting exposed to this:
4714919547_e153eb6b63_b.jpg

GOOD

Prison Mike

Banned
The article says this is a nudist event and not open to public and they have strict regulations. Not exactly my cup of tea but I'm not really understanding the outrage either, these types have existed for quite some time.
1st time id heard of it tbh like you said def not my bag.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Wait is this the same Neogaf that was losing its shit over that Danish TV show even though in that case the kids weren't naked and were accompanied by their parents and were just talking to people?

poppabk

Mmmmmm gotta love that site meta commentary. You just know this guy posts on resetera and loves showing off to children.
I do post on resetera and my kids are very impressed with my ability to lift heavy weights, although my 9 year old has already surpassed my video gaming ability and thinks my car is lame, so lifting weights is all I have to show-off about anymore. You know me a little too well Brap - are you the local single that ad connected me to the other night - if so it seems there was some mistake and my credit card was charged $5000 instead of $50 which I am sure you are extremely embarrassed about.

iconmaster

Banned
Wait is this the same Neogaf that was losing its shit over that Danish TV show

1) Members of NeoGAF disagree about many things; 2) putting something on TV naturally makes a spectacle of it and changes how it's perceived; 3) children are being brought to the aqua park in order to swim, not specifically to gawk at naked people.

I don't say this is a good idea, but I see how it's different.

Amory

Adults can do whatever they want, but I don't think 'naturism' is an excuse for bringing your naked children around a bunch of other naked adults. That's fuckin weird and there's absolutely perverts around that you're exposing them to.

Stoke on trent?

For anyone hoping to see some milfs, I wouldn't waste your time.
England has such magical names for towns

Last edited:

poppabk

1) Members of NeoGAF disagree about many things; 2) putting something on TV naturally makes a spectacle of it and changes how it's perceived; 3) children are being brought to the aqua park in order to swim, not specifically to gawk at naked people.

I don't say this is a good idea, but I see how it's different.
Yeah I know, I was just surprised by the 'meh whatever' nature of this thread versus the 'disgusting, string em all up' nature of that other thread.

Adults can do whatever they want, but I don't think 'naturism' is an excuse for bringing your naked children around a bunch of other naked adults. That's fuckin weird and there's absolutely perverts around that you're exposing them to.

England has such magical names for towns
Fart Town, cockburn Clithero and penis Town are in on area of the country. And they're the same names!

NinjaBoiX

Off with there fucking heads, pedo garbage everywhere, if you expose your kids to this you should have them taken away.
Exactly.

As a responsible adult, you want to expose yourself to other consenting adults then go nuts. Don’t involve your kids though.

It’s not “progressive”, “good for them” or any of that other bollocks, it’s just weird, potentially harmful and projecting your own shit on them without them being able to say no.

MilkLizard

Nudist are really not that uncommon here in EU so I really don’t see the issue here. It’s a closed event so who cares?

Aren't dudes scared their nutsack will slide under their butt when going down the slide and that it would be painful? I'm super careful when I sit down not to sit on my balls, going down a slide naked seems dangerous.

I've never really understood nudist. Like, they are naked all the time but they aren't having sex all the time? Also I would think it would be pretty cold to be naked most places outdoors. Also I feel good about my physical appearance, I still don't want lots of random people to see me naked.

Top Bottom