• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Forbes] Women Allowed Topless In Pools In Germany For Gender Equality

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Oh my, this thread has gotten

spicy tongue GIF
Indeed. I've busted two nuts to this already.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It took a British band to make a song about Austria.

You're welcome Peggies Peggies

Better still, the video was directed by an Australian who initially was thinking about shooting gondolas and waterways because he was thinking of a certain other famous European city beginning with the letter V.

Toots

Gold Member
Muslim women dress the way they do because the religion they adhere to demands it. They’re not choosing of their own free will 🙄

Islam is steeped in misogyny.

Much like Christianity.

And every other religion.
You are quite the sophist aren't you ?
Muslim women choose to adhere to the principle and demands of their religion don't they ?
We could go round and round hours if you choose to use bad-faith. It's the same for your comment about racism and religion. The majority of muslims are of brown skin. Some people don't like people of brown skin, they use the pretext of religion to be racist.
I find the excuse "Its not the arabs its their religion" kind of weak.

But i was wrong about you, you seem to be more of an atheit edgelord with your totally cool definitive posts on a video game forum, fair enough. You're still judging people without really knowing, which seem immature and as one knows mostly a moron deals in absolute...

jWyC1Hw.jpg

edit :
Yes, because a society where Islam is the dominant religion is just a pinnacle of liberty and personal rights. Patriarchal role of the society and family in Islam? Never!
I don't think it's fair to make definitive judgement about societies like that. Not all muslim societies are saudi arabia (those dude were barbarians still doing razzia well into the 20th century). Indonesia is a good exemple of a predominantly muslim society without the mollahs dumbassery.
The people living in muslim societies are human being like you and me. You'll be surprised how much you can bend the rules and accommodate when everyone is "in on it". Just look at the Ramadan period in Maghreb. And patriarchal society is the norm in lots of other places, latin america being the first exemple coming to mind. One need not to equate isis with main stream islamic thinking just like one needs not to equate opus dei with mainstream catholic thinking.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
You are quite the sophist aren't you ?
Muslim women choose to adhere to the principle and demands of their religion don't they ?
We could go round and round hours if you choose to use bad-faith. It's the same for your comment about racism and religion. The majority of muslims are of brown skin. Some people don't like people of brown skin, they use the pretext of religion to be racist.

But i was wrong about you, you seem to be more of an atheit edgelord with your totally cool definitive posts on a video game forum, fair enough. You're still judging people without really knowing, which seem immature and as one knows mostly a moron deals in absolute...

jWyC1Hw.jpg

edit :

I don't think it's fair to make definitive judgement about societies like that. Not all muslim societies are saudi arabia (those dude were barbarians still doing razzia well into the 20th century). Indonesia is a good exemple of a predominantly muslim society without the mollahs dumbassery.
The people living in muslim societies are human being like you and me. You'll be surprised how much you can bend the rules and accommodate when everyone is "in on it". Just look at the Ramadan period in Maghreb. And patriarchal society is the norm in lots of other places, latin america being the first exemple coming to mind. One need not to equate isis with main stream islamic thinking just like one needs not to equate opus dei with mainstream catholic thinking.

Come back to me when you can construct a proper sentence, and don't have to resort to insults and idiotic Star Wars references.

Toots

Gold Member
Come back to me when you can construct a proper sentence, and don't have to resort to insults and idiotic Star Wars references.
Care to explain what about my grammar is so wrong you cannot even try to understand what i say ?
I'm not an english native speaker, it's not an excuse but you could be inclined to make more effort trying to understand my statements knowing that.
The moron remark (you are really thin skinned for someone so prompt to judge and denigrate others you don't even know, aren't you...) and star wars reference is just me trying not to be too serious, dude we are on a vg forum talking about stuff we don't really know.
Plus it gave you a way out instead of having to respond to my assessment of you, you should really thanking me for letting you save face.

How did we get from boobs to FunkMiller FunkMiller telling us he's an atheist again?
My bad...
He removed his fedora before taking his profile pic how could i know it meant so much to him...

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Care to explain what about my grammar is so wrong you cannot even try to understand what i say ?
I'm not an english native speaker, it's not an excuse but you could be inclined to make more effort trying to understand my statements knowing that.
The moron remark (you are really thin skinned for someone so prompt to judge and denigrate others you don't even know, aren't you...) and star wars reference is just me trying not to be too serious, dude we are on a vg forum talking about stuff we don't really know.
Plus it gave you a way out instead of having to respond to my assessment of you, you should really thanking me for letting you save face.

My bad...
He removed his fedora before taking his profile pic how could i know it meant so much to him...

You big, big weirdo.

jWyC1Hw.jpg

Guys... guys, don't you get it?
Muslim women choose to be oppressed and given lesser rights.

That makes it totally a-okay!

Y5Zvpcy.jpg

Toots

Gold Member
You big, big weirdo.

Ok last try to have a real exchange of opinion with you who evidently don't want to.

so you wont answer my genuine question. You're calling me a weirdo when i only tried to express my point of view when you were talking trash without anything to back it up other than your authoritative tone. You're talking like a preacher with your defintive statements that, i repeat, only an dumb edgelord without much maturity would say (you could totally be Ricky Gervais then, who i am a fan of by the way, except he is a real moron concerning religion because he chose atheism as his religion and is very orthodox in his practice of it -always shoving your beliefs in the face of others that didn't ask, never loosing one occasion to talk shit about the opposite side, etc...-. He therefore stopped thinking on this subject, like all religious fundamentalists...).

Guys... guys, don't you get it?
Muslim women choose to be oppressed and given lesser rights.

That makes it totally a-okay!

Y5Zvpcy.jpg

The argument was not wether it is good or bad to be religious, it was wether muslim women can choose or not to have the muslim faith.
Context matters.

Anyway stop judging people you know nothing about, you sound like my gran. I loved her to death but she was a bitter old mean bitch.

Only morons who cannot pull themselves out of their constrained point of view tell others what is or isn't tolerable for them (it is something religious and atheist morons do both). Tolerance is a subjective quality (it is crazy that i have to write that down...).
How can you decide what is or isn't tolerable for anyone other than you ?
I find crazy that you seem unable to understand the problem with throwing anathemas left and right with only your "common sense" to back those up.
You appear to be all about judging others, when all i'm trying to tell you is "don't forget it is human beings you are talking about, they might not think like you but that doesn't make them less than you, or wrong. You yourself might not be right on everything so suffer that others people might have different opinions". Nothing more than that. No judgment.
That you cannot fathom anyone has another opinion about this (or any particular) subject without being automatically wrong is telling in my opinion of the narrowness of your mind, more than the validity of your claims.
Quite sad that, going by your name tag, you're a parisian. You should be more open to diversity, as you (as the white middle aged dude i suppose you are) are the minority in la Ville Lumière now...

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Ok last try to have a real exchange of opinion with you who evidently don't want to.

so you wont answer my genuine question. You're calling me a weirdo when i only tried to express my point of view when you were talking trash without anything to back it up other than your authoritative tone. You're talking like a preacher with your defintive statements that, i repeat, only an dumb edgelord without much maturity would say (you could totally be Ricky Gervais then, who i am a fan of by the way, except he is a real moron concerning religion because he chose atheism as his religion and is very orthodox in his practice of it -always shoving your beliefs in the face of others that didn't ask, never loosing one occasion to talk shit about the opposite side, etc...-. He therefore stopped thinking on this subject, like all religious fundamentalists...).

The argument was not wether it is good or bad to be religious, it was wether muslim women can choose or not to have the muslim faith.
Context matters.

Anyway stop judging people you know nothing about, you sound like my gran. I loved her to death but she was a bitter old mean bitch.

Only morons who cannot pull themselves out of their constrained point of view tell others what is or isn't tolerable for them (it is something religious and atheist morons do both). Tolerance is a subjective quality (it is crazy that i have to write that down...).
How can you decide what is or isn't tolerable for anyone other than you ?
I find crazy that you seem unable to understand the problem with throwing anathemas left and right with only your "common sense" to back those up.
You appear to be all about judging others, when all i'm trying to tell you is "don't forget it is human beings you are talking about, they might not think like you but that doesn't make them less than you, or wrong. You yourself might not be right on everything so suffer that others people might have different opinions". Nothing more than that. No judgment.
That you cannot fathom anyone has another opinion about this (or any particular) subject without being automatically wrong is telling in my opinion of the narrowness of your mind, more than the validity of your claims.
Quite sad that, going by your name tag, you're a parisian. You should be more open to diversity, as you (as the white middle aged dude i suppose you are) are the minority in la Ville Lumière now...

You big, big weirdo.

Top Bottom