• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony fueling faulty Xbox 360 stories (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xexex

Banned
http://www.xbox360degrees.com/2005/11/24/News/sony-fueling-faulty-xbox-360-stories.html

Sony fueling faulty Xbox 360 stories

24 November 2005

Sony have been up to their usual tricks. By Jeff Wagoner, CF Editor.

Tokyo (AP)- As cries of Xbox 360 defects in the United States have consumed the online world in the past 48 hours since the launch, it has been discovered that Sony is apparently the fuel to the fire.

Known as "Project Light Flame" it has been revealed that third-party employees of a Sony subsidiary named Koyeo are actually being paid to insight negative views upon the newly released console. Why you ask? Because Sony themselves are gearing up for a launch of their new console, the Playstation 3.

hmmmm :lol

krypt0nian said:
um...no :lol

Every company does this to some extent, but the conspiracy theories are amusing. I notice there is absolutely no proof given. In the age of internet publishing, it doesn't matter if you have proof or are right, all that matters is if it sticks for a while.

kerry8dw.gif

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
<looks at who posted it>

Wow... I'm surprised.... wait... no the hell I'm not....

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
0528sony2.jpg

"I use this device at home, it's ideal for recording content and storing of .. of... bwahahahahahahahahahahaaaa oh fuck me... BWAHAHAAHAAHAHAAAHAHAHAH JESUS CHRIST, even _I_ can't not laugh at this .... FUCKING HELL... oh... man... i wouldn't take a dump on this thing, my shit would be OFFENDED"

... and look at his left hand... he's blatantly giving the finger to all the potential customers behind that arm...

"Yeah, 12x DVD burner.... *flips the finger secretly* etc etc"

... anyways. carry on.

(PS. Sony were busted for this in the UK during the DC launch, they spent a LOT of time on Watchdog - especially after the leaked "We know our hardware quality in europe is substandard, NO ONE should talk to the press".... actually, they refused to appear on the show for that one - which is pretty unheard of)

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I figured I'd debut my new image that I just finished making in this thread, cuz it's uber appropriate.. Feel free to use this any time, free of charge; after all, it was made especially for GAF.

dmgcontrol.gif

It works on either shade of grey too :)

Deg

Banned
DCharlie said:
0528sony2.jpg

"I use this device at home, it's ideal for recording content and storing of .. of... bwahahahahahahahahahahaaaa oh fuck me... BWAHAHAAHAAHAHAAAHAHAHAH JESUS CHRIST, even _I_ can't not laugh at this .... FUCKING HELL... oh... man... i wouldn't take a dump on this thing, my shit would be OFFENDED"

... and look at his left hand... he's blatantly giving the finger to all the potential customers behind that arm...

"Yeah, 12x DVD burner.... *flips the finger secretly* etc etc"

... anyways. carry on.

(PS. Sony were busted for this in the UK during the DC launch, they spent a LOT of time on Watchdog - especially after the leaked "We know our hardware quality in europe is substandard, NO ONE should talk to the press".... actually, they refused to appear on the show for that one - which is pretty unheard of)

It wasnt anything major. Same goes for DC's appearance on Watchdog which was about people not being able to login for the online stuff on launch day. :lol

DrEvil

not a medical professional
KeithFranklin said:
Doesnt

Tokyo (AP)-

Mean Associated Press?

haha yeah it does, these guys are hilarious, maybe htey thought it was some japanese province or something :p

d

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"It wasnt anything major. Same goes for DC's appearance on Watchdog which was about people not being able to login for the online stuff on launch day"

Remember the family who were complaining because they'd bought a Dreamcast and they wanted to be able to play against their German friend?

They complained because they thought they only needed ONE dreamcast (... don't ask) and because DC had "Up to 5 billion players" , that it was misleading because it implies the people you want to play against don't need a Dreamcast *rollleyes*

Sony not appearing over the leak when there were a pretty high number of defective units AND a leaked internal message was pretty bad. They should have just went on and denied the leak and just public offer to replace the units (which they were doing anyways - albeit with delays due to stock) *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom