• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who is Basting their Turkey Tomorrow?

You basting it tomorrow?

• Yes, I like my juices running evenly

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No, I like my Turkey Dry as a Nun's Crutch

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Will YOU be basting it, Mr.Turkey Master Baster?

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • You do WHAT now to your turkey?

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Are you gonna be the very best, that no one ever was?
WQwcWvF.jpg

To baste them's the real test, tomorrow for the cause!
We have travelled across the stores, searching far and wide.
Each Turkey Crown, to Understand, the Juices that are Inside!

Turkey fun! Gotta Baste is Good!
It's you and Meat.
You know it's your destiny!
Turkey Fun!
You're my Legend
In a Christmas Day Trend!
Turkey Fun! Gotta Baste it all!
A Heart So True
The basting will pull you through.
You baste me and I'll baste you
Turkey Fun!
Gotta baste it nice, gonna baste it through
Turkey Fun!

Winter John

Gold Member
We stopped with the turkey shit. Nobody likes it and the only reason we had it was because it was Xmas. This year we're going to have some nice roast beef, steak wellingtons, dumplings and all the trimmings. We even got parsnips again. I don't know what it is about parsnips at Xmas, but Christ, people lose their shit if there aren't parsnips on the table. Last year I was in the kitchen from 7am til around 2, working my ass off getting everything ready. I put on a real spread for everyone. When we all finally sat down my mother in law pipes up, John you forgot the horse radish. You should have said I would've made it. I swear if I'd had my gun handy that old bag would've ended up in the morgue

Mihos

Gold Member
I cut mine down to pieces, inject with butter and spices
put it in a roasting pan white meat on the. bottom and cover with foil
put the whole thing on the grill for 45 minutes or until everything is boiling in it's own broth
the place the pieces directly on the grill for about 30 minutes turning every 10 for color

you can eat my turkey with a spoon it's so juicey

for bonus points, put the carcass in the crock pot for an extra 3 or 4 cups of broth and use that to make your stuffing instead of water

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Fried chicken and pizza here

Kagey K

Banned
I always cook mine in a Turkey bag. It makes it essentially effortless with a meat thermometer and you can’t fuck it up. As a plus it cooks faster also. Learned about it 15 years ago and have never looked back.

I never made turkey for my family. I actually care about them.

I'm doing most of the cooking this year. I say most, because I know relatives will bring their own dishes.

On the menu

Jerk Chicken wings
Ox tail
Spicy tomatoe chicken casserole
Butter Chicken
Beef stir fry
Karahi Beef
Rice and Peas
Mixed baked veggies (broccoli, brussel spourts, carrots, zucchini)
Roasted potatoes
Black Chunna
Naan
Mini pizza for the kids

I'm currently cooking Oxtail, Butter Chicken, and Karahi Beef. The wings are currently marinating as well. I'll start cooking the rest tomorrow around 12.

badblue

I'm over at my in-laws for Christmas tomorrow and it's traditional that the turkey be as dry as the Sahara.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm over at my in-laws for Christmas tomorrow and it's traditional that the turkey be as dry as the Sahara.
My brother in law uses a giant deep fryer outside to fry the turkey and I would only ever admit this anonymously on the internet, but it's terrible. It's so dried out. And my sister just heats up some jar gravy.

The effort they put in means a lot, but holy shit do I have to choke it down every year.

Thaedolus

I cut mine down to pieces, inject with butter and spices
put it in a roasting pan white meat on the. bottom and cover with foil
put the whole thing on the grill for 45 minutes or until everything is boiling in it's own broth
the place the pieces directly on the grill for about 30 minutes turning every 10 for color

you can eat my turkey with a spoon it's so juicey

for bonus points, put the carcass in the crock pot for an extra 3 or 4 cups of broth and use that to make your stuffing instead of water

Ya know, I got a voucher for a free turkey from work and I think I’m gonna try this just to see.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Frozen PF Chang’s, on sale for $5.99 at Target. It’s great, everyone should try it.

Never seen a Deep Fried Turkey. Sounds delicious but so unhealthy.

I never get the Bird in a Bird in a Bird concept. Like...how does one stuff a Quail, a Duck and a Chicken in a Turkey?

Liljagare

Turduckling.. :)

Frying isnt that bad, the oil doesnt infuse itself into the meat, stays outside and drains off. 😋

I prefer going low and slow in the barbie though.

We didn't have Christmas dinner today. I guess we opted to have it on Friday. :pie_thinking:

But yeah, we're having ham. No turkey. We always have ham for Christmas dinner.

Top Bottom