• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, What Improvements do you Want to See in REmake 3?

PapiKong

Banned
You're not meant to fight the Nemesis either. But if you did fight and you succeeded, you were rewarded.
I'm not trying to be "rewarded" in a survival horror game. Also imo, Resident Evil 3 was the start of a more action based Resident Evil game and Resident Evil 4 proves that was the direction they were aiming towards while developing RE3.

Vawn

Banned
I loved REmake 2, but there is room for a few improvements.

First, more zombie models. Its jarring seeing the same "people" over and over. "Oh look. Its Asian zombie man yet again. Oh, hello overweight zombie dude again".

Next, I wish Claire and Leon would shut up while shooting. They just say the same few things ad nauseam.

Geki-D

Banned
Resident Evil game and Resident Evil 4 proves that was the direction they were aiming towards while developing RE3.
Wait, do you think RE4 came out right after RE3? You know there were 7 other RE games between them, right? Including the return to source RE Remake & RE0. CV was being made at the same time as RE3, and it's even slower pace.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be "rewarded" in a survival horror game. Also imo, Resident Evil 3 was the start of a more action based Resident Evil game and Resident Evil 4 proves that was the direction they were aiming towards while developing RE3.

Why? do rewards disengage you from your immersion or something? Do you arbitrarily ignore anything in RE2 that would be considered a reward for overcoming a challenge?

And I'd argue that CV was far more significant in the series change in tone then RE3 ever was.

Last edited:

Hobbesian

Banned
I loved REmake 2, but there is room for a few improvements.

First, more zombie models. Its jarring seeing the same "people" over and over. "Oh look. Its Asian zombie man yet again. Oh, hello overweight zombie dude again".

Next, I wish Claire and Leon would shut up while shooting. They just say the same few things ad nauseam.

No, actually, I thought they had the right idea, here. Problem was in the execution. Not enough variance in terms of dialogue and circumstances for them to respond to.

But, yeah, the moments when they mutter to themselves are great for immersion - they obviously cribbed the idea from The Last of Us. They just gotta get their actors to read a lot more dialogue. The characters expressing frustration or fear while reloading in front of an encroaching zombie, for example, is great stuff.

All 3 angles should have been optional anyway, but that's just my opinion. That way, it saves all the complaining and diminishes the need for modding as well. The Evil Within 2 received a post-release patch for to add in a first person mode. Sometimes, I don't know if Capcom tells the truth when they say certain camera perspectives could not work.

Last edited:

BRZBlue

Its worth noting that Jill's RE3 outfit has sort of reached "feminist icon" status in the RE fanbase. So many female fans absolutely love the thing, so I don't think getting rid of it outright would be a good idea. Maybe modernizing it a bit would be a good start, or the option of using it via game.

PapiKong

Banned
Wait, do you think RE4 came out right after RE3? You know there were 7 other RE games between them, right? Including the return to source RE Remake & RE0. CV was being made at the same time as RE3, and it's even slower pace.
What im trying to say is that RE3's inclination to a more action oriented experience led to the development of RE4. Most of the games between 3 and 4 just felt like they were building up to a game like RE4, just look at DeadAim, that game is pretty much a proto RE4 but was probably not good enough to bear the RE4 name. RE Remake and RE0 just seems like they were trying to crank up the graphics and obliviously make a little more money to fund the next generation RE tittle. But hey I could be completely wrong too, I just think its fun to think about :).

PapiKong

Banned
Why? do rewards disengage you from your immersion or something? Do you arbitrarily ignore anything in RE2 that would be considered a reward for overcoming a challenge?

And I'd argue that CV was far more significant in the series change in tone then RE3 ever was.
For me it totally does. First time i encountered the Tyrant, I lit his ass up hoping he would go away but he didn't. If the Tyrant were to drop a "reward" every time I encounter him id be just as spoiled as my Dad's cat (She's really fat btw). But i guess you can argue that the tyrant should only give you ONE reward per play through but that would just mean the stress that the developers intended for the player to feel, would be completely obliterated because instead of running away from that bastard id be chasing him to get that tasty treat. I want the Tyrant to be as terrifying as possible.

norm9

Still have my gamecube copy of RE3. Played about 20 minutes, got chased by Nemesis down a couple small hallways. Never went back because it felt too stressful. I should really go back and play it.

Dario Rosso will probably have a bigger role in the remake, like how Robert Kendo just did. I can just imagine him cursing Jill in full HD and she's trying to talk him out of staying. They may even throw in an extra mode again where you play as side characters that are interesting, as it gives someone else more 'normal' a chance to shine, if even briefly.

The Ghost Survivors is available on Friday. I will just play the characters like this...

Kendo. Katherine. USS soldier.

I do not know the name of the guy wearing the mask yet. I think he was with Hunk when they entered the lab, because in the main game, you find a lot of corpses wearing the same gear.

The Snake

Definitely something that subverts your expectations after RE2make. Back when RE3 came out, I recall we weren't surprised about Nemesis (having seen Mr. X in 2), but rather that he could open doors, and run. We definitely need that same experience with RE3 for people coming off of the RE2 remake, that "here we go again" followed by "oh SHIT!"

I imagine they'll also have to change up the PD for whiners who will complain about it being re-used (something I disagree with as I think it's used just fine, and it's only a small portion of the overall game).

The outfit, I feel, doesn't need to change. I don't know if this is correct, but I remember the story being that Jill was...on her way to a party or something when everything went down? I dunno. It's a video game, who cares.

I'm sure they'll change it though, and include it as a bonus. Makes the marketing look better while still giving it to the fans.

LMJ

#1 more aggressive and unpredictable AI (Mr X on steroids)

#2 physical destruction of items around you (desks, chairs etc)

#3 if there's DLC, let us play as Brad Vickers until we meet our untimely demise

#4 Bring the upgraded weapon modding back with a vengeance

#5 More awesome Easter eggs like RE2

Thiagosc777

I am playing through RE2. Those reflections don't look so good. This is when I wished we had Raytracing on consoles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom