• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what HDTV are you using for 360, and how happy are you with the results?

J2 Cool

HD era is here with 360. Let's here the impressions on the tv's. Only comment I'm gonna make is those little 17" lcd's in a few stores for 360 aren't looking too hot. I much preferred my experience with Gamestop's Samsung. Oh, and also, I'm likely getting the Sony 30XS955 in the next couple of months and 360 when a little bit of cash rolls in. So I'm starting to take an interest in the HDTV market. $1000 budget for me.

123rl

I played on one on the Samsung LCD TVs and it looks great. I just flat out do not like those TVs though. The picture just looks so artificial and processed (generally, not just with Xbox360).

I'd love to see one on a good DLP or a proper HD plasma though

chano

I have a sony wega kv-36hs510 4:3 crt set up to 720p.The graphics are amazing,but the only thing is in 720p mode my tv has two black bars one on top,and in the botton.

It's all good thought,because in 480p(to me)the graphics are dull and washed out.

ChrisReid

Err, I've already said this in several other 360-HDTV threads this week, but I have the Toshiba 52" dlp. I have a blemish in the glass, but the high def 360 stuff is amazing. Even just looking through the dash board is hot.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I have an 34XBR960 and everything looks fantastic in 720p. However, in Perfect Dark, the far left and right sides are cut off for some reason (like the green max ammo bar on the right I can't even see). I still can't figure out if it is the game, or my TV not being set right. Dash and PGR3 as well as every other 16:9 Xbox 1 game look like they line up fine.

J2 Cool

Sp3eD said:
I have an 34XBR960 and everything looks fantastic in 720p. However, in Perfect Dark, the far left and right sides are cut off for some reason (like the green max ammo bar on the right I can't even see). I still can't figure out if it is the game, or my TV not being set right. Dash and PGR3 as well as every other 16:9 Xbox 1 game look like they line up fine.

Most HDTV's seem to have some type of framing issue. I was looking in Sears today at the DTV's, and noticed the edge of one picture was cut off. The text couldn't even be read with the first letter. It was off the screen. I quickly looked around the other tv's to see if a better one fixes the problem. All of them had the same exact framing problem. Pretty odd, but I think the software just isn't lined up perfect quite a few times on HDTV's.

mxz

Bought a Sony KLV-V32A10E, a 32" LCD running at 720p, will see how it looks when 360 comes out in Europe.

JMPovoa

mxz said:
Bought a Sony KLV-V32A10E, a 32" LCD running at 720p, will see how it looks when 360 comes out in Europe.

That's the same one i bought i think. It's a Sony Bravia right?

I've tried it already with some current Xbox games that support 720p (Fifa06 and The Incredible Hulk) and they look fantastic on it! :)

eso76

I've been trying to get a sagem dlp but there seems to be some curse which prevents me from reaching one..
I honestly don't know what to buy anymore : (
I think i'll go with some 'cheap' temporary solution, like a hd crt, thought i'd grab a samsung slimfit (the only models i can currently find here) but it doesn't look like a good crt; maybe i'll have to wait for philips-lg cybertubes, due early next year...having to wait for a temporary solution sucks, but buying a tv i am not fully satisfied with sucks more :p

BTW, how does X360 perform on 1080i crt's ? for some reason i imagine it won't look as sharp and "hi def" as with lcd's and dlp's, but maybe i'm wrong

gtmax

Best buy had a deal for a 32" LCD for 899.99. I dont' have the 360, but i can't 'till it arrives (the TV) so i can play Ico II (Wanda) with it. I couldn't believe that deal considering Sony brand TV for the same size costs 2699 dollars.

bill0527

I'm using my 3 year old 48" Widescreen Mitsubishi CRT Rear Projection 1080i TV.

I'm very happy with the results. Of course, I'd much rather have a native 720p digital display, but I rolled the dice early on HDTV and now my TV is outdated. Sadly though, I just got it paid off and my wife isn't about to let me run out and spend 2-3k again for a new tv. Maybe I could accidentally put my foot through it or something.....

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Looks great on my Sagem HD-D45 DLP TV. Native 720p resolution = good :)
I'll take a picture of my setup when I'm done with all the cabling, it's *that* bad...

eso76

Blimblim said:
Looks great on my Sagem HD-D45 DLP TV. Native 720p resolution = good :)

animal_19599.jpg

Top Bottom