• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uh, any Focker lovers out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AssMan

Banned
I went into theater with no hype what so ever, and boy did it pay off. The funniest movie of 2004. I didn't expect to match the first movie, if not, being slightly better. The one breast vest scene with the hillbillie cop was hilarious!

Anyone going to see today? As Raymond says Jewish people go to the movies on Christmas day.

Mason

I heard it was horrible. Several of my friends walked out on it, which I don't think they've ever done. I'll still give it a try though; I loved the original.

pops619

I just saw Meet the Parents for the first time a few days ago. It wasn't as funny as it was made out to be, but it definitely had a lot of funny moments. I really expected it to just be a dumb comedy, and while it had elements of that, it was also a heart-warming movie in the end.

I've heard nothing but bad things about Meet the Fockers, but the Meet the Parents DVD came with a free ticket for MtF, so I'll probably see it since it's free.

Firest0rm

I saw it yesterday. It was terrible, I wanted to see another movie but was forced to watch this crap cause of my friends.

NLB2

Banned
Sure it might have been really contrived and formulaic, but Dustin Hoffman was the fucking man in that movie. That's my second favorite performance from him after Willy Loman.

Asbel

Wow. So much hate. I loved the comedy. A lot of the people in my theater were laughing throughout the whole movie too. Will buy on DVD. :D

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Asbel said:
Wow. So much hate. I loved the comedy. A lot of the people in my theater were laughing throughout the whole movie too. Will buy on DVD. :D

Haha, yeah. I thought it was great, and so did like 150 other Jews in the theater who came to pay their respects to Streisand. I thought it was the funniest damn thing.

Jak140

Dear god this movie sucked. Fucking dull and nearly every joke in it has been done before and better. Oh look I fell over, aren't I a fucking clumsy son of a bitch? Oh look, a dog is humping my leg, haw haw. Jesus christ, if you're going to use hackneyed sight gags like that, at least attempt to put a new spin on them. What a piece of shit.

WedgeX

Banned
Hoffman taking out DeNiro was satisfying.

There were some laughs here and there, but for the most part meh.

No buying the DVD on this one.

etiolate

Banned
How can you people be saying its terrible?

I loved the first and I liked Fockers just as much. Hoffman and Streisand work very well in the mix. And I HATE Streisand, but I liked her in this movie.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Meet The Fockers was an enjoyable film. Not as good as the first, but still entertaining and far from horrible. Did the people that hated it even see the original? It had the same type of humor and I'd recommend it to anyone that enjoyed the first movie.

Kon Tiki

Banned
etiolate said:
I loved the first and I liked Fockers just as much. Hoffman and Streisand work very well in the mix. And I HATE Streisand, but I liked her in this movie.

Same here, except I have not seen the first one.

I feel better after seeing some other people's posts, I seriously thought that I was the only person on the entire planet who disliked Meet the Parents, it seemed to be one horribly embarassing scene after another.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Lyte Edge said:
Meet The Fockers was an enjoyable film. Not as good as the first, but still entertaining and far from horrible. Did the people that hated it even see the original? It had the same type of humor and I'd recommend it to anyone that enjoyed the first movie.

People just wanted to hate it.

AssMan

Banned
Dear god this movie sucked. Fucking dull and nearly every joke in it has been done before and better. Oh look I fell over, aren't I a fucking clumsy son of a bitch? Oh look, a dog is humping my leg, haw haw. Jesus christ, if you're going to use hackneyed sight gags like that, at least attempt to put a new spin on them. What a piece of shit.

loser-poster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom