• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim ChatGPT Companions

RagnarokIV

Worth reading this.. It's the future

I asked a ChatGPT Skyrim companion to solve the game's easiest puzzle, and it almost got me killed​

7pxf2uoYjRTZUZMjFZyLVd-970-80.jpg.webp

I won't go into what it requires to get this mod running in your own game of Skyrim, but it took me a couple hours of instruction-following, downloading, installing, updating, copy-and-pasting, and setting up a UwAmp server, not to mention a ChatGPT account (paid) to wire up OpenAI's talents to Herika and an Azure account (also paid) to add a text-to-speech system so the NPC companion could talk to me. There's also a speech-to-text utility so you can use your mic rather than typing questions into the chat pane (though I stuck with text chat).

I start with the basics, phrasing it as I would if I were really in Skyrim with a companion. "How do I open this gate?" I ask Herika in the chat pane.

Herika says: "Oh, I don't know, maybe try pulling the lever or pressing the obvious button next to the gate?"

That's cute! It's also… not actually correct, because there is no button next to the gate, there's only a lever. But I give her points for at least being a bit snarky about it, as well as knowing there's a lever to pull.

I try again. "Solve this gate puzzle," I say.

"Alright, let me look at it," she says. "Hmm… It seems that this puzzle requires you to align the symbols on the pillar in a certain order. Have you tried looking around for any clues?"

Last edited:

I'm actually very impressed, way better than I was expecting it to be at face value from the title. Man, this tech is gonna have a crazy impact on things.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

I'm actually very impressed, way better than I was expecting it to be at face value from the title. Man, this tech is gonna have a crazy impact on things.
I'd make fun of how heavily edited it looks, but this tech is getting better all the time. Still way too computationally heavy to run locally while playing a game, though.

I've always felt the civil war quest was missing the Moot, and the actual crowning of the High King/Queen. It would be a trivial mod, but you aren't going to get the original voice actors back.

This sounds like it could work.

Nickolaidas

I can't help but feel sorry for the guy who made Amorous Adventures by cut / editting / pasting dozens upon dozens of lines of dialogue ... now he could just have A.I. speak the lines he wanted.

ZoukGalaxy

If this AI never took an arrow in the knee, I won't trust it and its place doesn't belong to Skyrim.

Last edited:
Top Bottom