• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skull & Bones delayed to March 9, 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

FdwTg-zXEAECtQ2

wvnative

Unless the game is completely unplayable I believe this is a huge mistake on Ubisoft's part. It's gonna get buried next year.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Even more DOA than it was before.

Nobody* wants this when Sea of Thieves exists and especially not in a year as (hopefully) stacked as 2023.

*enough people to warrant the dev costs

wvnative

It would have been buried under god of war and sonic also,
Come on, it's not like it wasn't going to get buried by GoW Ragnarok anyway.

God of War is Playstation exclusive, Sonic probably isn't gonna be massive.

As far as multiplayer games, you really just have Gotham Knights and MW2, I feel like it could have carved a little audience this fall.

But uhh, next year...oh boy this game gonna tank.

As far as multiplayer games, you really just have Gotham Knights and MW2, I feel like it could have carved a little audience this fall.

Just release on the same day as Starfield, FFXVI and Spider-Man 2 then... all exclusives as well. I don't think it works like that.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Is anyone really counting down the days to this games release?

If you have played black flag, then how much more can they add to the naval combat. If you are looking forward to it I am happy for you, but I think I just have AC fatigue, this game has been in development hell for years.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
What a money sink this game has been for Ubi. Someone is prob getting smoked before or after this game hits the streets. 🤣

SJRB

Gold Member
Ubi: Unfortunately we have to delay Skull & Bones
Literally everyone except those poor devs who have been slaving away for seven years on a game nobody asked for and nobody wants:

iu

This game barely had a shot if it released without big games, it doesn’t matter if they’re exclusive or not. Its just another nail in its coffin to release alongside more popular and wanted franchises

Its gonna be the 2023 Babylons fall

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Yves now has to try to explain to investors why they dont have a single multiplatform blokbuster releasing this year. He fucked up

I wish someone other that Jason "Agenda Driven" schrerir. (Or whatever) would make a report (from a production-managment pov) about all these kind of issues.

Because devs make it look that videogames are harder than sending a fucking drone to mars.

NickFire

I wish someone other that Jason "Agenda Driven" schrerir. (Or whatever) would make a report (from a production-managment pov) about all these kind of issues.

Because devs make it look that videogames are harder than sending a fucking drone to mars.
No doubt game development only gets harder each generation. Certainly a factor, but my guess is the constant delays are more attributable to anti-crunch policies. And I would be very interested in a comprehensive investigation into how much the ant-crunch crowd is costing these companies in real life money. I am open to the possibility that the losses are negligible or possibly net gains. I just can't believe it though without hard data to back that up. Short of evidence to the contrary, I have to believe delaying a game from pre-holidays to March / June is a significant loss if not devastating. Even if the game sells the same number of units over a year or two long period, I have to believe they sell less at full MSRP when launching outside of the fall window.

The whole boat stuff was just a side-thing in Black Flag (which I remember now was my first PS4 game I played at LAUNCH, wow), why would anyone wants to play just half a game?

It's like the next Rocksteady game will feature just driving around the Batmobile and doing the Tank Battles.

Inuteu

At this point I think no one cares about this game

Its far beyond the point of surfing the AC black flag wave

FUBARx89

The whole boat stuff was just a side-thing in Black Flag (which I remember now was my first PS4 game I played at LAUNCH, wow), why would anyone wants to play just half a game?

It's like the next Rocksteady game will feature just driving around the Batmobile and doing the Tank Battles.

Cause it was the best part of Black Flag and Ubi knows it was.

Doubt anyone even cares anymore though.

MarkyG

Let's hope they use the time to actually listen to their community's suggestions. Such as having actual ship boarding combat, rather than have a lazy-ass cutscene play out. Will be interesting to see what they do with the time.

It's impressive how badly Ubi Soft has fucked this one up. All they had to do is make a AC Black Flag without AC story elements and expand on the things that worked well in Black Flag.

The last gameplay demo they showed earlier this year looked uninspired at best. What a complete shit show.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
It's impressive how badly Ubi Soft has fucked this one up. All they had to do is make a AC Black Flag without AC story elements and expand on the things that worked well in Black Flag.

The last gameplay demo they showed earlier this year looked uninspired at best. What a complete shit show.
Precisely.

Black flag came out in 2013!!! Nearly 10 years ago, pardon the pun, but that ship has sailed. I can’t believe anyone will be clamouring to buy this in their millions. Especially it’s now a next gen only game. WTF. Why are they not releasing this on last gen systems when it’s been in development the better part of a decade, I guess they don’t like money 😂

SJRB

Gold Member

Exactly this.

Dumb motherfuckers were sitting on a goldmine but they completely blew it in every possible way.

Top Bottom