• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sir Mo Farah reveals he was trafficked to the UK as a child

dr_octagon

Banned
I'm not sure what to make of this. Olympic gold medalist, long distance runner and awarded a knighthood. The guy was trafficked to the UK as a child.

It is terrible to think of others not so fortunate. UK introduced laws to tackle modern slavery and human trafficking but unfortunately it's still a huge global issue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62123886

Sir Mo says he wants to tell his story to challenge public perceptions of trafficking and slavery.
"I had no idea there was so many people who are going through exactly the same thing that I did. It just shows how lucky I was," he says.
"What really saved me, what made me different, was that I could run."
The woman who brought Sir Mo to London has been approached by the BBC for comment, but has not responded.
Chancellor Nadhim Zahawi, who was forced to flee Iraq with his family when he was 11, said hearing Sir Mo's story was "heartbreaking and painful".
He told BBC Breakfast: "I salute Mo Farah. What an amazing human being, to have gone through that trauma in childhood, to come through it and be such a great role model. It's truly inspirational.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Heard about this. Horrible stuff. And the part where he talks about how the contact information was taken from him and thrown in the trash?

Take the woman and throw her in the trash. See how she likes it.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Heard the Doco is heart breaking. I have a messed up sense of humour at times and I am laughing at the gammon in the picture not what happened to Mo Farah. Who is an amazing person and great Olympian.
vAxzjKU.jpg

Last edited:

Mistake

Child trafficking with war torn countries is an open secret. You don’t hear much about all the girls going missing from Ukraine for example. But damn, good he was able to rise above such a terrible experience. Not everyone can get through such a thing

Child trafficking with war torn countries is an open secret. You don’t hear much about all the girls going missing from Ukraine for example. But damn, good he was able to rise above such a terrible experience. Not everyone can get through such a thing
I've read plenty on the russian scum deporting a million+ ukrainians to their shithole country though.

Top Bottom