• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arise Sir Mo Farah....the Daily mail will be pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica Ennis's Dad once said I looked like a miniture vesion of my Dad.

That's the only connection I'll ever have to a dame I guess.

Mo, Murray and Jess all deserve it.

Jumeira

Banned
Congrats to Mo! I went to school with him, he was picked on and bullied throughout his time in primary school, he couldn't speak English and was brutally targeted by kids, during football games they used to sweep his leg, he barely had any meat on him, it was just awful, so happy to see him come through that awful period, believed in himself and the country, and gave back by bringing home glory to UK. What an incredible story for me to tell my children, of how he came to be Sir Mohammed Farah.

Congrats to Mo! I went to school with him, he was picked on and bullied throughout his time in primary school, he couldn't speak English and was brutally targeted by kids, during football games they used to sweep his leg, he barely had any meat on him, it was just awful, so happy to see him come through that awful period, believed in himself and the country, and gave back by bringing home glory to UK. What an incredible story for me to tell my children, of how he came to be Sir Mohammed Farah.

Wow that's pretty intense, glad he made it through that

Kind of expected Mo would have been knighted next year when he retired but guess this years achievements pushed it

Whaaaaaa, I thought the British public were totes racist since we didn't vote Mo for SPOTY?? Ah well, I'm sure we're still racist somehow.

Its decided by the establishment so obviously the establishment is less racist than the public at large

the racist pubilc thing was bollocks

Jumeira

Banned
Wow that's pretty intense, glad he made it through that

Kind of expected Mo would have been knighted next year when he retired but guess this years achievements pushed it

Yeah it was bad, Mo snapped one day and got expelled for it, i remember my Teacher speaking about it, she was upset that kids pushed him that far. He stood up to one of the hardest kids in the year, Mo bit him in the ribs, clamped his jaws tight and continued to hold on as kids pummelled him, god it was horrific. I remember Mo being dragged off by his Uncle (his parents were not here at the time not sure why but i assume its got to do with his refugee status), his right eye was the size of a golf ball. But he came through - i dont believe that bully experienced the same rewards in life, dont want to name and shame him either as we were kids, hope he regrets it.

Seiryoden

OP, I didn't want to believe:

1zmejrBh.png

Legit, no photoshop.

Whaaaaaa, I thought the British public were totes racist since we didn't vote Mo for SPOTY?? Ah well, I'm sure we're still racist somehow.

Behave. Racism is alive and well here, and you and your close minded snark are part of the problem. Denying a problem exists will not vanquish it.

I always feel a bit sad that they (he himself?) use Mo instead of Mohamed. It would be so nice to see the name Mohamed linked to something positive for a change. Congrats to him though!

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Have they knighted Chris Froome yet? Or are they trying to avoid the awkwardness of him being exposed as a drug cheat in the next few years?

Have they knighted Chris Froome yet? Or are they trying to avoid the awkwardness of him being exposed as a drug cheat in the next few years?

I don't know. Sir Chris Hoy was knighted after he retired. May also be because of his charity work also.

Well deserved by Sir Farah and Sir Murray.

Daily Mail can go suck it.

Also Ken Dodd is a surprise. I didn't think he would get knighted. Hope he takes his feather duster

OP, I didn't want to believe:

1zmejrBh.png

Legit, no photoshop.
No tranny surprise? I feel old.
Amazing, thanks for sharing :)

Yeah it was bad, Mo snapped one day and got expelled for it, i remember my Teacher speaking about it, she was upset that kids pushed him that far. He stood up to one of the hardest kids in the year, Mo bit him in the ribs, clamped his jaws tight and continued to hold on as kids pummelled him, god it was horrific. I remember Mo being dragged off by his Uncle (his parents were not here at the time not sure why but i assume its got to do with his refugee status), his right eye was the size of a golf ball. But he came through - i dont believe that bully experienced the same rewards in life, dont want to name and shame him either as we were kids, hope he regrets it.
Thanks for telling this story. Congrats to Mo Farah!

Tak3n

Banned
Dont give a shit about his colour or creed, what I do care is knighhoods are handed out to the wrong people....Being good at sport is not a knighthood ffs.....saving lives, creating cures...doing good stuff for humanity is knighthood.....watch me hit a ball over a net for 20 years, get filthy rich.... should not be a entrance to a knighthood

jelly

Dont give a shit about his colour or creed, what I do care is knighhoods are handed out to the wrong people....Being good at sport is not a knighthood ffs.....saving lives, creating cures...doing good stuff for humanity is knighthood.....watch me hit a ball over a net for 20 years, get filthy rich.... should not be a entrance to a knighthood

Yeah, they are handed out like sweeties.

I think the Supervet, Noel Fitzpatrick should get something. Maybe when he gets to share his techniques with human doctors. Genius and so kind, loving.

I mean you're right but you're not. They obviously are for things like this, being on TV for a long time, backing the Tory party etc.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Yeah ok bruh. Why exactly are you holding knighthoods to such high esteem, what exactly warrants this? It's not a Nobel priz,e knighthoods have historically been given to whoever the monarchy damn well pleases. (Which were generally rich soldiers and noblemen).

It's a glorified pat on the back

Maztorre

When were knighthoods ever about this? Handing them out for sporting achievements is a step up from the usual shower of donors and assorted elite friends. This year's honours are already tainted by handing out a knighthood to David Ord, who donated £930,000 to the Tories.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Andy Murray and Mo Farah will be inspiring generations of kids for many years to come. I'm not a fan of knighthoods in the slightest, but folks like them deserve to be recognised for their achievements.

You're putting knighthoods on a pedestal, when they're not the equivalent of a Nobel Prize.

Didn't stop them from knighting Wiggins, Murray and Farah. All three were / are PED fiends, Froome is probably the cleanest one out of the lot, he'll get his worthless title after he wins his fourth TDF on his motorized bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom