• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shpeshal Nick: "If what I’ve heard is true, fans of Xbox 360 era JRPGs will have something to look forward to at the showcase"

Dazraell

Gold Member

The rumor is tied to upcoming Xbox's showcase (June 9, 10am PT). Hopefully it's Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon remaster

Update: Jez Corden is also hinting the same thing
There's also always the potential for total surprises too. I've heard about some nostalgic announcements that should chase away the blues for classic Xbox 360 RPG fans, Microsoft also has Killer Instinct developer Iron Galaxy back on board, working on the franchise again. Perhaps we see some other classic games revived, or a big new Activision-aligned backwards compatibility drop. People have been holding out hope for Xbox 360 classics like Prototype and Singularity to arrive on the platform as well.

Last edited:
He didn't drop this on the podcast, so it's less likely. Still, I'd be all over a 360 RPG collection. I think it would be a good multi-platform sales test for a day-one-ish release too.

StereoVsn

It will be interesting to see what The House of Phil and Bond can show.

Remasters of some of their past exclusives and PC/PS5/Switch 2 releases would be cool.

fallingdove

Great news if true. Just put another 75 hours into a Lost Odyssey play-through a couple months back.

Curious if a remake would retain all of the veiny boob windows or if they would have to do some redesign.

Gongora needs a bit of an overhaul as well. One of the worst designs/3D models in the game.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey coming to PC? Those are some games I've always wanted to play, even tho I find them bad just want my teenager self fill that hole lol

Last edited:

Deerock71

Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey coming to PC? Those are some games I've always wanted to play, even tho I find them back I just want my teenager self fill that hole lol
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I wanted to like Lost Odyssey so badly. But for me it ended up as a few memorable bits in a sea of mediocrity.

hinch7

Lost Odyssey remaster and release on PC and console would be nice. If its Blue Dragon, eh....

Last edited:

LordCBH

Eternal Sonata remaster

Would be a Namco thing though wouldn’t it? Though I suppose he didn’t say it would be an Xbox thing, just that whatever it is would theoretically be there. Though I adore that game and I absolutely would not say no. I own both the 360 version and the PS3 one.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Actually it dawned on me— it’s final fantasy games.

SE will likely take ff7 remake and rebirth as well as 16. Plus pixel remasters if they are missing.

After the 14 collab it’s likely the next phase of this.

intbal

I didn't care for the 7th gen JRPGs.

But I wouldn't say no to them going back to 6th gen to remaster Crimson Sea.

U6YMX43.jpeg

Add the PS2-only sequel and stick it on all platforms.

Great news if true. Just put another 75 hours into a Lost Odyssey play-through a couple months back.

Curious if a remake would retain all of the veiny boob windows or if they would have to do some redesign.

Gongora needs a bit of an overhaul as well. One of the worst designs/3D models in the game.
It’s an absolutely amazing game. In desperate need of a proper remaster

Top Bottom