• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Sony bother bringing back Soul Sacrifice for the PS4 or PS5?

Should Sony revive the Soul Sacrifice franchise?

• Yeah, gimme enhanced ports from Vita to a console

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Yeah, gimme a SEQUEL designed from the ground up

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • No, let it die.

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Sony pushed this grittier, darker Monster Hunter clone a year after the Vita launched, ostensibly trying to fill a gap left behind by Monster Hunter (which had jumped to 3DS). They made an expanded version called Delta with more content and an expanded combat system.

Monster Hunter World sold great on PS4, but now Rise is coming to the Switch.

My main gripe with SS were the arena designs. There was no exploration, and every map was pretty flat. Still, out of all the MH clones, Soul Sacrifice had the weightiest feel to the combat. Hits felt like hits, something most of the MH clones neglect *cough*toukiden*cough*.

So, bring it back or leave it in the Vita graveyard?

llLeonhart

Yeah.... soul Sacrifice wass such an awesome game, similar to monhun yet completely different, combining spells and advancing the three different paths were so fun. I would like a ful on remake of Delta on PS5, with some minor improvements to level design and solo play.

Bring it back. By far one of the best MH clones to ever exist. People will say God eater but for me this was far more unique and yet a little similar. Creature designs to atmosphere and story kept me hooked. This was criminally overlooked imo and I wish sony would of invested in the ip more. It sucks because keiji inafune had some ideas for a sequel.

Kuranghi

I feel like when I'm 90 I'll find some new genre of games and go "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, where have you been my life, lovely gaemes!", then I'll load all the roms into the dataport of my AR cyber-pajamas, auto upscale them to 64K + HDR1000 and go on a jolly japanese journey.

Kuranghi

I know its OT but I feel like a clown because I just discovered DQ. I love their stupid cross-eyed faces. I just beat a "bad guy" (Their all so cute, how can they be bad!) called Jarvis... he had tons of jars:

DQXI-Jarvis.png

The voices also crack me up, being a Scotsman/UKer.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I think it was a solid new entry for the handheld at the time. MH clone were popping out like mushroom because Monster Hunter was clearly becoming famous. So some companies wanted some piece of the that pie. Sony did a decent job enough with soul sacrifice though.

A home console sequel would be neat but for which audience? Production value and marketing would need to be to the roof!

I would bite though lol

Last edited:

GymWolf

I hope so, i tried the demo on ps vita but i always hated the ergonomics of that thing in my hands so a version that i can play with a proper controller would be nice.

Top Bottom