• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Share your experience about xcloud mobile/tablet

Topher

Gold Member
It is ok. Would I want xcloud or streaming to be the way I play games on a regular basis?

Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by FaZe Clan

Shmunter

Tried Fortnite. But it was a curiosity, not a serious proposition for play.

Could be different for those without fixed options.

Closer

I played some Yakuza Like a Dragon and Power Rangers Battle for the Grid. While Battle for the Grid was a bit laggy for me (I got used to it tho), Like a Dragon was really good and enjoyable. I need to test other games but I'm busy being a former-yakuza-turned-businessman.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Worked surprisingly better than I expected for 60 FPS games. Not gonna use it as my primary means any time soon, but it's in a pretty decent state.

CS Lurker

I beat Celeste (sides A, B, C, chapter 9, everything). From there, anything will work for me. It just needs to get a image quality like GeForce Now with a bitrate of 75Mb/s.

MarkMe2525

I use xcloud to play while I'm on the stationary bike. Works 90% of the time and it's great when everything is firing on all cylinders. Some days, it's a no go. Would be awesome if they could get it as stable as stadia.

I probably use Xbox remote play more overall. Was able to put a few hours into Elden Ring this weekend when I was out of state for my daughter's dance competition.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I use xcloud on my Series X to try games out and if I really like them, I download them to keep playing them. xcloud is so awesome for that without wasting my time to download to find out its shit or just don't like it.

Last edited:

Shmunter

I use xcloud on my Series X to try games out and if I really like them, I download them to keep playing them. xcloud is so awesome for that without wasting my time to download to find out its shit or just don't like it.
Does Smartdelivery allow you to play the game after a portion is downloaded while it’s still downloading the rest?

Moochi

Dragonquest and Yakuza work the best for me. I found a trick for input lag while playing on phone. If you have good signal, 4 or 5g, turn off wifi and play over cellular. The latency reduction is very noticeable, even if you have decent wifi.

Kagey K

Banned
I have mostly used remote play over xcloud, the most important thing I've found is make sure your phone is on the 5ghz band of whatever wifi you are on and not the 2.4 it makes a massive difference.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Does Smartdelivery allow you to play the game after a portion is downloaded while it’s still downloading the rest?
I'm not sure and never tried that way but with my wired ethernet connection, 90% of the time I don't get any lag issues. It's easier to boot up the game almost instantly with xcloud instead of waiting to download a portion, play and then still have to go and delete/cancel the download.

Top Bottom