• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Colossus new pics

Namomura

Looks amazing, it reminds me of Link riding his horse :)

1456520050919_222357_3_big

More here : http://www.jeux-france.com/news12459_shadow-of-the-colossus.html

Master Z

I neeeeed to play this game! I saw the new OPM on shelves today and I could've sworn it said they have a review for this game. Has anyone read it yet?

Master Z said:
I neeeeed to play this game! I saw the new OPM on shelves today and I could've sworn it said they have a review for this game. Has anyone read it yet?

Yah the only drawback they really list is that the story doesn't feel complete. But alot of people felt the sameway about ICO so I don't think its a big deal.

Ranger X

Master Z said:

Not only a demo but also a playable demo!! lol

Run back there and buy it!

Ironclad

Still looks absolutely stunning. I haven't played the demo yet and I'll probably end up staying away from it until I get the game. Can't freaking wait.

Master Z

SolidSnakex said:
Yah the only drawback they really list is that the story doesn't feel complete. But alot of people felt the sameway about ICO so I don't think its a big deal.

That's cool, I was expecting more gameplay than story anyway. Sounds like it got a top score. Nice!

jett

D-Member
Are there new colossi/areas in these pics(i haven't let them load :p)? If so, I'll stay the hell away from this thread. Wait, on a second thought, after the dumbfuck that spoiled SotC, I think I'll stay away from all future SotC threads. :p

Johnas

Mine on release day.

Don't quite understand how any PS2 owner can not be at least somewhat interested in this game, but hey.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Every screenshot i've seen of Colossus always has a lovely feel to it.

A very intriguing game. I'd love to see it in action.

jett said:
Are there new colossi/areas in these pics(i haven't let them load :p)? If so, I'll stay the hell away from this thread. Wait, on a second thought, after the dumbfuck that spoiled SotC, I think I'll stay away from all future SotC threads. :p

They aren't showing anything we haven't seen before as far as Cololssus go, so you can look at them without being spoiled.

Here's the TGS trailer

http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/data/rulinews/read.htm?page=1&num=13918&find=g_machine&ftext=ps

Flo_Evans

I wasn't going to get the OPM demo, cause I didn't want to spoil anything, but I saw it at the newstand and could not resist!

WOW.

This is a new classic. This is why I play videogames. Fuck nintendo and all of thier BS. Screw GoW with its "press x button now to kill boss". Fuck MGS and its drawn out soap opera dialoge. This 15 min demo had more emotion in it than any game I have seen since, well ICO.

WOW.

sammy

Flo_Evans said:
This is a new classic. This is why I play videogames. Fuck nintendo and all of thier BS. Screw GoW with its "press x button now to kill boss". Fuck MGS and its drawn out soap opera dialoge. This 15 min demo had more emotion in it than any game I have seen since, well ICO.

WOW.

AMEN brova'

That's exactly how I felt --- Sure, there's plenty of great games commin' our way - but SOTC is an experience to be remembered .... Even the glitchfest, sup-par animation, pop-in a-go-go, early build of a demo told me that much.

Matlock

Banned
Flo_Evans said:

What the hell are you talking about? The boss battles in God of War aren't all that far removed from the one the demo of SOTC featured.

And if you can kill them by hitting a single button, then sir, I applaud you--because you've done something the game doesn't allow you to do.

Flo_Evans

Matlock said:
What the hell are you talking about? The boss battles in God of War aren't all that far removed from the one the demo of SOTC featured.

And if you can kill them by hitting a single button, then sir, I applaud you--because you've done something the game doesn't allow you to do.

ok, its more like beat the boss down to a certain point, then press a button to deliver the finnishing blow. GoW felt very 'video game' when battling a boss, probably due to the huge onscreen cues for what button to hit. SoTC felt like I was hanging on for dear life in a fight to the death with well, a colussus.

*for the record before anyone else gets their panties in a bunch, I love MGS, nintendo and god of war. Just trying to illustrate HOW FUCKING AWSOME this demo was! :)

sammy

Matlock said:
What the hell are you talking about? The boss battles in God of War aren't all that far removed from the one the demo of SOTC featured..

That's kinda like sayin any game with ragdoll-physics isn't far removed from killing enemies in Psi-Ops.
GOW had some great bosses, but they were all very gamey bosses and comfortable in their silly, mini-game, gameism-fun.

Bosses in Collosus are an entirely different ballgame.
I've yet to play any game that comes close to the epic nature of taking down that demo Colossus - It's just so interactive and approachable from any creative angle.
Collosus' in SOTC don't just feel like bosses, they feel like levels themselves and there's an outstading amount of creative problem-solving.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This game better run smooth as butter or i'm gonna be very depressed.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
U K Narayan said:
As far as I know, the final version has its frames locked at 30. :)
:) Great, because the demo was equal parts pleasure and pain due to the choppiness.

sammy

mattiewheels said:
:) Great, because the demo was equal parts pleasure and pain due to the choppiness.

agreed ---- the real game is gonna feel so damn fresh and new compairative to the glitch-fest demo from the early build.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Matlock said:
That's not quite true. The boss battles in GoW had impressive but automated sequences/mini games where your character would jump on a boss and deliver damage. In SotC you climb onto those bosses in a completely interactive manner.

Top Bottom