• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves PS5 closed beta is now pre-loading

ManaByte

It’ll automatically download if you have the game pre-ordered. 76.8 GB, so it’s a little smaller than the XSX client that’s over 80GB.

ITfYlqI.jpg

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
will this launch with the solo stuff they were talking about recently?

The game has been out since 2018.
Sooo…you are assuming I own an up to snuff PC or an Xbox? What is your point? Don’t try to act like everyone here should have played the game already. There are plenty who haven’t, and might like to 🤦‍♂️

Surprising response from you, truthfully. I normally enjoy and respect your responses, this seems passive aggressive tho.

Digging further in…why tf did you post a thread expecting replies, but then you would downplay replies like they aren’t shit?

Last edited:

ManaByte

Sooo…you are assuming I own an up to snuff PC or an Xbox? What is your point? Don’t try to act like everyone here should have played the game already. There are plenty who haven’t, and might like to 🤦‍♂️

Surprising response from you, truthfully. I normally enjoy and respect your responses, this seems passive aggressive tho.
You were complaining about people paying to beta test a game that’s been out since 2018. It’s not something that’s unfinished.

You were complaining about people paying to beta test a game that’s been out since 2018. It’s not something that’s unfinished.
So wtf..yea I’m complaining (about the paid beta) because it’s on a new system and a lot of people here haven’t played it on PlayStation. It is indeed, unfinished on PlayStation, it’s never been played on PlayStation. Why is that a problem? and why are you so angry about the questions about it? I’m confused about why you are so triggered right now. Why the hell would you post a thread if you don’t want questions about the game. Don’t post a thread if you are going to be so damn triggered by questions and are going to try to downplay peoples concerns…Wow.

Oof…that’s a big no for me now then. Paying to be a beta tester is one of the worst things to happen to gaming. How are you going to charge someone money to do your work for you? So disappointing. I know it’s a trend the last several years, but definitely doesn’t make it any better.

It’s a six year old game coming to a new platform. It’s not like this is a brand new game you have no context on. Go watch some videos and decide if you want to play or not. lol @ “paying to be a beta tester”.

It’s a six year old game coming to a new platform. It’s not like this is a brand new game you have no context on. Go watch some videos and decide if you want to play or not. lol @ “paying to be a beta tester”.
lol @ you downplaying my concerns about wasting money. Again, how hard is it to understand that other people can’t just throw money against the wall? Shit is weird to me. Believe it or not people struggle to pay bills month to month 🤷‍♂️

Goalus

So wtf..yea I’m complaining (about the paid beta) because it’s on a new system and a lot of people here haven’t played it on PlayStation. It is indeed, unfinished on PlayStation, it’s never been played on PlayStation. Why is that a problem? and why are you so angry about the questions about it? I’m confused about why you are so triggered right now. Why the hell would you post a thread if you don’t want questions about the game. Don’t post a thread if you are going to be so damn triggered by questions and are going to try to downplay peoples concerns…Wow.
Each and every post of yours feels like a little adventure in your creative world. Many thanks for your ingenuity!

I’m suggesting that it is ridiculous to preorder a game to beta test it. This is something game companies used to pay people to do. Now people have to pay to do it. If you don’t understand my point, then you are one of the many problems with the gaming industry.

Three

Huh? I’m suggesting that it is ridiculous to preorder a game to beta test it. This is something game companies used to pay people to do. Now people have to pay to do it. If you don’t understand my point, then you are one of the many problems with the gaming industry.
Yeah that's what I meant. Your view isn't controversial but some select people are jumping down your throat for it for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I meant. Your view isn't controversial but some select people are jumping down your throat for it for obvious reasons.
Thank you!, that’s fine. They can jump on me for it, but they know I’m not wrong, that’s why they are trying to cut into me. I’m fine with that. They know they are wrong, that’s why they jump on others. Thank you for noticing it though, that’s rare on Gaf.

I’m suggesting that it is ridiculous to preorder a game to beta test it. This is something game companies used to pay people to do. Now people have to pay to do it. If you don’t understand my point, then you are one of the many problems with the gaming industry.

Then don’t preorder and beta test it? Again, this isn’t a normal release. If it was a normal release then I’d agree. The game has been out for six years. You can find out if you will enjoy the game or not without beta testing.

The fact that I tried to figure out if this game is solo friendly and good for new players, and yet I was confused about why there is no open beta outside of preordering the game…..and then I proceeded to get shit on about it, is beyond me. But I shouldn’t be surprised with most of the Gaf users these days.

Just to put it out there. I really wanted to play this game, was wondering if solo was possible most of the time because I don’t play games with a lot of people… and I was wondering why I couldn’t play a beta without paying, legit questions…then y’all started cutting into me for asking these questions is disgusting bullshit and is the reason why a lot of people don’t bother posting on Gaf. Just wow. I’ve been here for a long time, and can’t remember a time when it was so fucking uncomfortable to post a damn opinion, question, or thought. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
The fact that I tried to figure out if this game is solo friendly and good for new players, and yet I was confused about why there is no open beta outside of preordering the game…..and then I proceeded to get shit on about it, is beyond me. But I shouldn’t be surprised with most of the Gaf users these days.

Just to put it out there. I really wanted to play this game, was wondering if solo was possible most of the time because I don’t play games with a lot of people… and I was wondering why I couldn’t play a beta without paying, legit questions…then y’all started cutting into me for asking these questions is disgusting bullshit and is the reason why a lot of people don’t bother posting on Gaf. Just wow. I’ve been here for a long time, and can’t remember a time when it was so fucking uncomfortable to post a damn opinion, question, or thought. 🤦‍♂️

It’s not that big a deal, bro.

emo GIF

KaiserBecks

It’s not that hard to comprehend. You actually want to know if you could just try the game for free and then rant about not wanting to pay for being a beta tester. People react the way they do because you sound entitled.

It’s not that hard to comprehend. You actually want to know if you could just try the game for free and then rant about not wanting to pay for being a beta tester. People react the way they do because you sound entitled.
Nobody sounded entitled, you are trying to make it sound like that. Try again. Either run a beta test for your benefit as a dev to help make the game better, or charge for a “beta test” that stands in as a micro transaction. It’s a dirt ass practice, no matter how you try to paint it.

And also, don’t try to insult me like I can’t “comprehend” something, I get it, trust me. I don’t give a shit if I can play it ahead of time, I’m totally down to help make the game better on release than it was on Xbox. Y’all Xbots have made it abundantly clear that you don’t want others to enjoy your precious game. This whole thread, I was just trying to figure out how, if, and why I should try the game out. After the last few hours, I legitimately have no interest after the way y’all act about it, especially if your type of person plays the game and I have to interact with this same shit in the game. It’s fucking sad, because I was seriously 90% leaning toward grabbing it, but now I really am not interested. What a joke, I’m sure it’s a great community 😔.

You literally have to “pay to be a beta tester” with a preorder, Gtfoh! You can argue all you want, but that’s exactly what it is. What are you arguing here, because you are wrong, you even quoted it? 🤦‍♂️😂

Last edited:
You literally have to “pay to be a beta tester” with a preorder, Gtfoh! You can argue all you want, but that’s exactly what it is. You have to legitimately “pay to be a beta tester”. What are you arguing here, because you are wrong, you even quoted it? 🤦‍♂️😂

Why did you quote this three times and post three different replies to the same post? 😆

Like I said, it’s not that big of a deal. If you feel violated or scammed because a six year old game with endless media out is limiting closed beta invites to preorders, do you.

Why did you quote this three times and post three different replies to the same post? 😆

Like I said, it’s not that big of a deal. If you feel violated or scammed because a six year old game with endless media out is limiting closed beta invites to preorders, do you.
Because you quoted me, and I wanted to make sure you understood me….clearly you didn’t. Also, quoted twice not three times, keep pushing though 🤡. If you reallllyyy want to cut into someone, at least pay attention to the point. Not feeling violated, not feeling scammed, just really wanted to ask questions about the game and decide if I was interested in it. Good talk my guy, how is it that hard to show some empathy toward someone who might never have played the game before? It’s not six years old to someone who’s never played it before. It is 110% obvious you have a bone to pick with an “outsider” being interested in an Xbox game…another one for the clear fanboy ignore list.

Last edited:
Because you quoted me, and I wanted to make sure you understood me….clearly you didn’t. If you reallllyyy want to cut into someone, at least pay attention to the point. Not feeling violated, not feeling scammed, just really wanted to ask questions about the game and decide if I was interested in it. Good talk my guy, how is it that hard to show some empathy toward someone who might never have played the game before? It’s not six years old to someone who’s never played it before. It is 110% obvious you have a bone to pick with an “outsider” being interested in an Xbox game…another one for the clear fanboy ignore list.

Idc about Sea of Thieves and idc if you play it or not. I think I have two hours on it.

You’re really triggered and offended here, bizarre. Ignore list 😆😆

Goodbye GIF

T-0800

It's not really a beta test in that sense. Probably just testing the servers.

I found it lots of fun playing solo and I intend to play solo on PS5 as well. I wish I had real life friends who I could play with but sadly I don't.

It's not really a beta test in that sense. Probably just testing the servers.

I found it lots of fun playing solo and I intend to play solo on PS5 as well. I wish I had real life friends who I could play with but sadly I don't.
Thank you for an actual, non-judgmental response, I appreciate that. I’m in the same boat, no pun intended lol. I’ll probably end up giving it a shot at some point. I’ll probably wait for a couple weeks after launch to make sure all the connection issues are worked out on ps5 first. Same here with the real life friends. Most of them play games I have no interest in, Warzone, Destiny, etc.

Ozriel

M$FT
Oof…that’s a big no for me now then. Paying to be a beta tester is one of the worst things to happen to gaming. How are you going to charge someone money to do your work for you? So disappointing. I know it’s a trend the last several years, but definitely doesn’t make it any better.

The game’s been released for years now, and played across multiple hardware configurations on console and PC. They don’t need the massive sample space of an open beta to test features/gameplay/setting etc. this will just be a technical test, most likely.

it runs on an xbox one, so any half decent PC will run it. Why not give it a try on GamePass or even via streaming so you can determine if the solo play works for you?

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I am trying to figure out if my money is worth throwing at a game, on a….wait for it…video game forum. It’s legitimately the biggest deal (and whole point) of video game forums 🤷‍♂️
How do you approach buying any other games that don’t have a beta?

Use that method to decide if Sea of Thieves is worth you buying.

Top Bottom