• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scarlet Nexus | Announcement Trailer | Xbox One

Doom85

Why japanees makes everything so weird... fighting against flowers?
I'm in

LOL, it reminds of this anime that I didn't see personally but this anime Youtuber Gigguk was giving a rundown of anime of that year and said that this anime's big plot twist near the end is that the true villains of the setting were.....trees! Not tree-like creatures like Lord of the Rings' Ents, just the actual trees! Like, what, did the creator of the series not see how fucking absurd that sounds? I look forward to their next work where the big reveal is that oxygen was the true villain all along!

Mista

Banned
Good to see MS decided to bring back Japanese games. I don't care if you're an American company

Those games are popular in the west more than Japan for a reason. Hopefully they announce more Japanese games

Any news on PC release?

SirTerry-T

It's a nice enough looking game but what threw me off it a bit was the clash of these creatures and environments being sort of realistically lit and and shaded (taking into consideration the art style chosen) and then having these great looking player characters with these really flat lit faces. I'm not sure it totally works.

DESTROYA

To be honest it didn‘t look like a next gen game. It looks like something a XboxOneX game would look like.
Could be a great game and maybe I expect too much but visually it looks good but not next level .

V2Tommy

I was interested until I saw it was a mindless action game. I mean... you kill dozens of enemies constantly for 18 hours with flashing lights, sparks and strobes. What a waste of the awesome art and setting.

Last edited:

KàIRóS

I was interested until I saw it was a mindless action game. I mean... you kill dozens of enemies constantly for 18 hours with flashing lights, sparks and strobes. What a waste of the awesome art and setting.

Like in almost every other videogame ever?

I really thought this might have been an exclusive, even a timed exclusive, haha. I will keep an eye on it for PC but still think more Japanese developed games should come to Xbox as to better compete with PlayStation. It's a win-win, in my opinion, when platforms have a more varied selection of games to play.

Lethal01

Yes. Most Platinum-styled character action games are obnoxious. They're becoming musou games because they just keep piling on more and more crap to make sure you're not idle for a damn second.

Not nearly enough Platinum styled games for it to be obnoxious, I won't be satisfied until they are almost as popular as shooters.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yes. Most Platinum-styled character action games are obnoxious. They're becoming musou games because they just keep piling on more and more crap to make sure you're not idle for a damn second.
???
I'm sorry do you see 1000 enemy on screen to be considered "musou game"!?
198600555331250.jpg

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's the Phil Spencer power
I mostly criticized Phil for just talking and even tho they still no Japanese exclusives same way Nintendo and Sony has they still managed to get Japanese game like this that usually skips over Xbox on their system.

I would say good job Phil!

D.Final

Banned
I mostly criticized Phil for just talking and even tho they still no Japanese exclusives same way Nintendo and Sony has they still managed to get Japanese game like this that usually skips over Xbox on their system.

I would say good job Phil!

Definitely
For a shine future

Top Bottom