• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saw mulan, i have a question..

Redlancet

Banned
How this movie its 80 on rotten tomatoes? Believe me im not a hater of animation to real life Disney movies, some of them are pasable and at least the vfx are good, but this movie its a fucking disaster, it looks like a tv series from ten years ago, the cinematografy its all over the place, the action its a mess , so i Read this on reeeee

t9q2blv.jpg

Its this what modern cinema crític has become? They dont give a fuck if the movie its good or not, its the agenda behind it, we live in funny times folks

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
What is the agenda behind Mulan again?

Redlancet

Banned
Can you answer the question in your own words? What is the agenda behind Mulan? The original film was about girl power aimed at little girls.
Seriously, are u blind? The polygon Review makes it clear, the movie its shit, but the asian representation saves the whole thing, have u seen the movie btw?

cormack12

Gold Member
They also changed the love interest as he would be in a position of power, aka grooming.

I watched the film yesterday, still didnt reach the heights kf the animation. The witch was a bit weird but it was likeable enough.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
What the fuck is Crazy Rich Asian syndrome?? Stereotype much? Those fuck actuall starts to sound really rasist.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, are u blind? The polygon Review makes it clear, the movie its shit, but the asian representation saves the whole thing
Let me get this straight, a movie set in China has Asian representation? Oh no!

have u seen the movie btw?
No because I'm not the movie's demographic. Aka small girls. I assume you saw it because you have kids.

Hollywood can finally ditch America entirely and make movies just for China
And nothing of value was lost.

Also lead actress is pro CCP
Kay, does the movie take place outside of China or do anything anti American itself? Like Avatar did? (a movie that made fucking bank in the USA!)

M1chl

It is racist. Bad movie but it's woke, with basically uniform representation of Asians.
I don't even understand what does it suppose to mean. Here a lot of Vietnamese people got rich, by selling to low-middle class people bootleg stuff, now they are respectable owners of business, mainly food and that type of stuff. I know few of them and they are millionaires in Czech Crows and they are still the same, just driving the holy trifecta cars*

*Audi, BMW, M-B

Redlancet

Banned
What the fuck is Crazy Rich Asian syndrome?? Stereotype much? Those fuck actuall starts to sound really rasist.
The síndrome its asian americans crítics and woke idiots act like movies from asía doesnt exists, hey look a entire asian cast, its our black panther, come on bitch, asian cinema as been a thing since forever

M1chl

The síndrome its asian americans crítics and woke idiots act like movies from asía doesnt exists, hey look a entire asian cast, its our black panther, come on bitch, asian cinema as been a thing since forever
Hmm and what about Parasite tho? Or that era of attention is gone?

Sorry if I am looking dumb, because I definitely do not stay fresh on the race relation in USA, but holy fuck Crazy Rich Asian syndrome, it's something. We might get unnecessary flak for Gypsies, but I never came across some Asian racism.

Redlancet

Banned
Hmm and what about Parasite tho? Or that era of attention is gone?

Sorry if I am looking dumb, because I definitely do not stay fresh on the race relation in USA, but holy fuck Crazy Rich Asian syndrome, it's something. We might get unnecessary flak for Gypsies, but I never came across some Asian racism.
I love asian cinema, thats why i find american woke crítics so risible

M1chl

He's confusing shit for you. Guy isn't even from the US going by his posts.
I just want to know, what is mean by that. Because most often really rich people are not exactly normal.

I love asian cinema, thats why i find american woke crítics so risible
Alright, I know nothing about Asian cinema tho... And I don't like Anime, gives me creeps. However I don't like it in not disrespectful manner.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Okay, I'd say simply don't watch the movie. I'm an animation fan and had fun with the animated version from 98'. I can't force people to watch my old fart movies, anime, cartoons, so I figure it's probably the same if I forbid people to watch modern cinema because there's a lot of "agenda" going on in it. Seems like @SLoWMoTIoN is like one of few not get triggered in this thread. The only thing that triggered me is that OP actually signed into Reset to post that review. ✌Peace!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I've never seen the original animated movie so I'll probably like this version when I finally see it this weekend.

sol_bad

What?
Not in America it hasn't.......
Of course Asian cinema has been around forever in Asian countries, that's not the point though.

What?
Not in America it hasn't.......
Of course Asian cinema has been around forever in Asian countries, that's not the point though.
Right, so then who gives a shit that it's got an all oriental cast? What does that matter and why does it make the movie deserve a better rating, than if it had an all white cast?

Even if you're getting a stiffy from the idea of minority racial representation in American cinema, it's not actually representing anyone from the country it's being made in, while, as you agree, the people it's actually representing have their own long history of movie making, and will likely barely give a toss about it.

Saying a movie is better than it objectively is, based purely on the race of it's cast, is massively fucking racist, both in the glee these bigots are expressing at the lack of one race, while treating the exclussive inclusion of another with condescending infantalisation.

As if the bloody Chinese aren't one of the richest, most powerful, influential and numerous peoples on the planet, arguably eclipsing America at this point as the leading global superpower.

Anyone not judging the damned movie on it's own merits, and instead focusing on the cast's race, is a racist piece of shit.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Kay, does the movie take place outside of China or do anything anti American itself? Like Avatar did? (a movie that made fucking bank in the USA!)
I don’t understand your point. Are you saying a movie can only be propaganda if it takes place in USA and talks about America? LOL

That is quite silly. You do realize other countries exist? Like LOL if it doesn’t take place in America it can’t be propaganda what a smooth brain take

Last edited:

sol_bad

So Whats the point, give a horrible movie a good Review Because representation?

I'm not even talking about Mulan, I'm talking about Crazy Rich Asians which is a good film. And that's why that films representation is important.

Your just basically saying that it doesn't matter if a Hollywood film has an all Asian cast because Asian cinema has been around forever. This is a silly thing to say. It's like saying Hollywood films shouldn't make movies with white people because Australia, New Zealand and England make movies with white people.

Asian countries make movies with Asian casts because the vast majority of their populations are Asian. Western countries on the other hand are a massively mixed race and so representing different races is very important. It doesn't matter if a movie is good or shit, there are hundreds of shit films with all white casts. What's important is increased representation continues to be a thing across the board.

mcjmetroid

At its best is a 2/10 for me :messenger_beaming:.

There is literally nothing good about this movie. Even the cinematography is bad. Maybe the costume design?
Yaaaa I guess so.

I really got nothing. Action scenes were cheap looking ,

Characters were bland

Went on too long

Weird story.

Everything about this movie screamed B movie

sol_bad

Crazy Rich Asians is also bad.

Audiences do not agree with you.

And it's rated 4.5 on Google reviews.

JLMC469

Banned