• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saudi Arabia's wealth fund PIF has increased its stake in EA from 5.8% to 9.2%

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'd say EA is a pretty safe investment these days, especially since they were able to transition from FIFA to EA FC seamlessly and in better shape than before (since they own it). They are basically a dependable source of cash flow from Madden/soccer/Apex/F1 gachashit with the occasional good single player game on the side like Jedi Survivor and Dead Space.

Last edited:

Bkdk

Not complaining too much, most saudis are against woke culture, perhaps this would make dragon age a better game, though saudis also don't like harem and sexy female costumes, that might be another problem for ea titles. Hopefully the final outcome is good more than bad.

Not complaining too much, most saudis are against woke culture, perhaps this would make dragon age a better game, though saudis also don't like harem and sexy female costumes, that might be another problem for ea titles. Hopefully the final outcome is good more than bad.
Let's hope they help fund an actually good Battlefield game with normal soldiers.

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

I'd say EA is a pretty safe investment these days, especially since they were able to transition from FIFA to EA FC seamlessly and in better shape than before (since they own it). They are basically a dependable source of cash flow from Madden/soccer/Apex/F1 gachashit with the occasional good single player game on the side like Jedi Survivor and Dead Space.
Hardly IMO.

It is way too early to tell. Gamer groups get replaced every few years as people's lives change and that's all part of where the license was invaluable to them taking a very mediocre football game - compared to eFootball/PES - and using it to print money year on year.

Let's see how well their game holds up through a World cup when another game is using the license, and they are seeing a shift in average hours played by their previous nucleus of players. And lets see just how many years they can maintain charging for their game when eFootball /PES is completely free even without paying for PS+ for online. Players of experience can build fantastic teams in eFootball without paying a single penny, like I have. My bench has maxed out players like Diego Maradona, Messi, Neymar Jr, Casemiro, Dirk Kuyt, Joao Felix and a whole host of others warming my bench or not even in my match day subs like Rashford,

Dropping the license and succeeding has a few years to run before we draw a conclusion on that.

Top Bottom