• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung follows Microsoft with a licensed controller for its dedicated Gaming Hub, and pre-orders are already out of stock

Draugoth

Gold Member
Jfoq25MNKcjvKhahLANkv-1200-80.jpg.webp

• The company's Designed for Samsung Gaming Hub program is on course, having recently collaborated with Performance Designed Products LLC (PDP) to launch the first "Designed for Samsung Gaming Hub" controller, the Replay Midnight Blue.
  • The entry is already available on pre-order for $49.99 at PDP, Amazon, and Best Buy, though it's temporarily out of stock (at the time of writing).
The controller ships with an in-built rechargeable battery, which promises 40 hours of uninterrupted gameplay per charge. It also features a Samsung Gaming Hub home button, which will let you launch the dedicated Gaming Hub instantly. It's complemented with "an easy-to-use TV volume control button" designed to enhance the gameplay experience.

According to Samsung's Head of Service Partnerships Group, Jiho Ha:

"Samsung recognizes the indispensable role of accessories in elevating gaming experiences. Building on our already-high level of compatibility, the 'Designed for Samsung Gaming Hub' program will see us collaborating with trusted partners to craft accessories that further enhance the premier experience of the Samsung Gaming Hub."

Via WindowsCentral

MarkMe2525

That volume switch and 40hr battery life are nice touches. I wonder if their really is a market for this. I realize they are "sold out", but without knowing the production numbers we can't really gleam any meaningful info from that fact.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Xbox cloud gaming works well on my Samsung TV ever since I upgraded my wireless router. I don't know that I would buy this controller just to play games on my TV, but I do like the color.

nush

Shitty clone of an Xbox controller. Yeah, sure marketing department press release the " Pre-orders are sold out".

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
lol they're not "already out of stock".

Preorder pages are up but the preorders haven't actually gone live yet.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Wow 40hrs on a charge, that's awesome. Sony has what, 5-8 hours? I wouldn't mind a built-in battery if it had 40 hours between charges. That's why I don't mind Nintendo's joycon batteries, they last forever between charges.
Reminds me of Wii U and Switch pro.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

twilo99

Xbox cloud gaming works well on my Samsung TV ever since I upgraded my wireless router. I don't know that I would buy this controller just to play games on my TV, but I do like the color.

Do those new TV come with a Ethernet port? But I guess they also come with the latest WiFi protocols so if your router is good it probably works fine

ReBurn

Gold Member
Do those new TV come with a Ethernet port? But I guess they also come with the latest WiFi protocols so if your router is good it probably works fine
I have the Frame TV in the main living area and the connection box has an Ethernet port. I don't know what Wi-Fi protocols it supports but it's pretty flawless since I installed a Wi-Fi 6 mesh network.

Saber

Gold Member
Not trying to downplay this, as 40 hrs sounds like amazing. But couldn't this mean they hadn't stock up much controllers to begin with?

twilo99

If it has the same internal layout as the Xbox controller the battery compartment could hold a very beefy battery.

Doesn't Microsoft sell a rechargeable pack for the xbox controller? I feel like that doesn't give you 40hrs

Top Bottom