• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MastaKiiLA

2JZ8TSb.jpg

Do we know if that Konami Shop account is legit? Because I'm genuinely curious to know how IntentionalPun IntentionalPun will explain this away. The account is from before was created in April, but has been on brand the whole time. Is it just a company account that didn't bother getting verified, or a knockoff merch store trying to cash in on the crazy?

Do we know if that Konami Shop account is legit? Because I'm genuinely curious to know how IntentionalPun IntentionalPun will explain this away. The account is from before was created in April, but has been on brand the whole time. Is it just a company account that didn't bother getting verified, or a knockoff merch store trying to cash in on the crazy?
At this point IntentionalPun IntentionalPun just realized he needs to maintain a much more elaborate story to keep up his skepticism than we are for just assuming it's all Kojima/Sony/Silent Hill whatever the fuck :messenger_sunglasses:

Come on buddy, jump in, the water is perfect :messenger_winking:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Is it weird to anyone else that Abandoned has had a store page for a while and that you can put it in your wishlist on the PS App?

I've seen plenty of other titles that get announced, even other indies that get promoted by Sony that don't have store pages well in advance.

The Abandoned page was up before they announced the special app that comes out next week even.

Go on the playstation YouTube page and see how many of the games they are promoting have store pages already.

Tails of Iron - nothing
Lost in Random - nothing
Sherlock's many faces - nothing

Even if you go back a ways, tons of games don't get store pages until they have a release date or are a AAA release.

Why doesn't Callisto protocol have a page?
Pragmata?
Season?
Atomic Heart?
Little Devil Inside?
Jett the far shore?

I'm sure there's good reason which is likely related to a publisher just asking to put a page up, but it does seem very weird to me that it's been up a while.

Vick

6cXe7xw.png

Yeah, what's your input on this IntentionalPun IntentionalPun ?

VN1X

Banned
While all of this is very entertaining to us forum folk I'm not sure announcing a new Silent Hill this way, or MGS game for that matter, would garner maximum hype nor captivate the biggest audience possible?

Why not do this leading up to E3 so they can have their cake and eat it too? Will there be some Sony event soon or?

Last edited:
Stop posting this idiot. he faked UE4 demos earlier today.
About that twitter handle:

His nickname:
...- .- -. .- ...- --- -. -..
vanavond (dutch language)
tonight

the first 2 pics posted:
- .... . - .-. ..- - .... .. ... --- ..- - - .... . .-. .
the truth is out there

3rd pic:
- . ...- .- .-.. .-.. .. --. .... . -.. . -.
tevalligheden bestaan niet.
coincidences do not exist.

.-- .- .- .-. .... . .. -.. .. ... -.. .. -.-. .... - . .-. -... .. .--- -.. .- -. --- --- .. - .-.-.-
de waarheid is dichterbij dan ooit.
the truth is closer than ever.

Well judging by the feed from this handle tommorow at 9:30 some info should drop.
Be this fake or not we should be able to tell it by tomorrow.

Last edited:

emivita

jMXJBv2.png

Why am I seeing a female face here? Am I getting crazy? Picture isn't clear enough because of Twitter video compression and I can't see her silhouette clearly, but please don't tell me you can't see the face. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

MastaKiiLA

While all of this is very entertaining to us forum folk I'm not sure announcing a new Silent Hill this way, or MGS game for that matter, would garner maximum hype nor captivate the biggest audience possible?

Why not do this leading up to E3 so they can have their cake and eat it too? Will there be some Sony event soon or?
No need. This is currently overshadowing all things E3, especially if you're a PS owner. Doing this during E3 just reduced focus. Right now, there's nothing else to grab headlines, besides krazy Kojistans losing their collective shit over another one of his publicity stunts. They get fans to build things up, then they get center stage all by themselves, when they show the game(s). This is assuming it turns out to be real. The timing is great IMO. I don't think the SH franchise can really be classified as a blockbuster, but the enthusiasts are currently generating a lot more buzz than it could get in the midst of the general E3 flood.

Even if this post is Silent Hill related idk why the Konami Merch page would have anything to do with this. If anything, it goes against the narrative that this is all Silent Hill related. Why would the Konami Merch twitter even know what's going on and if they do, why are they tweeting about it directly rather than play into the whole ruse.

kyliethicc

Even if this post is Silent Hill related idk why the Konami Merch page would have anything to do with this. If anything, it goes against the narrative that this is all Silent Hill related. Why would the Konami Merch twitter even know what's going on and if they do, why are they tweeting about it directly rather than play into the whole ruse.
Because Konami own Silent Hill.

DryvBy

They link there. Too big of a coincidence.

Faithless83

Banned
They are playing into it. Same as Geoff.

By this point they would be denying the shit out of it.
Not a single twit from Konami saying "this is not Silent Hill guys, move along", instead they are capitalizing on it.

Because Konami own Silent Hill.
I'm saying it's a MERCH twitter page. They would have no connection to this. All that page posts is merch of already established brands like Metal Gear. Doesn't make it a teaser.
They are playing into it. Same as Geoff.

By this point they would be denying the shit out of it.
Not a single twit from Konami saying "this is not Silent Hill guys, move along", instead they are capitalizing on it.
Why would they deny something if they are not connected to it at all. Why waste the time on some random bs.

kyliethicc

I'm saying it's a MERCH twitter page. They would have no connection to this. All that page posts is merch of already established brands like Metal Gear. Doesn't make it a teaser.

Why would they deny something if they are not connected to it at all. Why waste the time on some random bs.
They work for Konami. Who owns Silent Hill.

They're teasing new Silent Hill merch. Owned and licensed and controlled by Konami.

This is literally the most basic thing to grasp. Are you actually struggling or trolling?

Faithless83

Banned

They fucking pulled PT out of PSN, weren't you around back then?
They went through a lot to erase the game from existence, I can't find the quote now, but a few years ago, they said that no Silent Hill game was in production.

Top Bottom