• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Independent can also mean a lot of things. Bungie was described as mostly independent even after Sony has bought them…. It could also mean creative independence or something like this.

This is from Sonys page announcing the Bungie deal:

Bungie will continue to operate independently, maintaining the ability to self-publish and reach players wherever they choose to play.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Independent doesn't mean "a lot of things" in the context of talking about a game/movie/TV/music/whatever studio/label/etc.

It means you own yourself.

Kojima probably corrected it because he actually gives a shit, and it's about the business he owns and started from the ground up lol

Is it possible he's being coy? Sure, anything is possible.. but it seems like just a basic denial.

Conflating that with Abandoned and how he hasn't "denied" this dumb conspiracy theory lol

I love you guys.

Last edited:
Independent doesn't mean "a lot of things" in the context of talking about a game/movie/TV/music/whatever studio/label/etc.

It means you own yourself.
Check the Sony website and a lot of media outlets reporting about the purchase of Bungie. They are still called independent, although they are 100% owned by Sony…

“Bungie will continue to operate independently, maintaining the ability to self-publish and reach players wherever they choose to play.”

reksveks

Check the Sony website and a lot of media outlets reporting about the purchase of Bungie. They are still called independent, although they are 100% owned by Sony…

“Bungie will continue to operate independently, maintaining the ability to self-publish and reach players wherever they choose to play.”
1) deal hasn't completed yet
2) operate independently is a different thing.

ParaSeoul

Remember Bluepoint also denied it when that got leaked
Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

I heard about this too.

Bloober Team admitted they are admirers of the series. They work with Konami now. It seems kind of obvious that they'd be thrilled at the thought of bringing back the dormant franchise. As would anybody in their position.

Obviously they aren't real posters in any way. Someone's put through old graphics, photoshops, posters, whatever through the wombo dream website to create these. It can be done in seconds, Geoff is either just reposting "cool" looking art, or is stupid enough to fall for AI generated art as a new leak for silent hill

Last edited:

H . R . 2

Obviously they aren't real posters in any way. Someone's put through old graphics, photoshops, posters, whatever through the wombo dream website to create these. It can be done in seconds, Geoff is either just reposting "cool" looking art, or is stupid enough to fall for AI generated art as a new leak for silent hill
we trust you on this
you're our resident Photoshop expert :D

Kilau

The someone is him.

H . R . 2

:pie_thinking:
As with many of Kojima’s online endeavors, these images have been met with fans speculating about the intent with which Kojima posted them. Some believe that the “6:1” could hint at a possible date, June 1, which is right around the time when the gaming industry kicks off its marketing season. Perhaps Kojima has something to show at one of this year's showcases. Others believe that the clocks could hint at a theme in Kojima’s next game. This is a well-educated guess when considering that many pre-release teases for Death Stranding utilized elements featured in the full game. Perhaps Kojima simply found these images aesthetically pleasing; for now, it is all speculation.

Last edited:

Kdad

Thank god your ban is over - I've had no idea what has been happening on Twitter that has nothing to do with Abandoned for days.
Frankly I needed the break. Keeping up with the tense atmosphere and twist and turns Hasan has us going through is a bit exhausting. Good to have a pause so we can regroup, refresh and plunge back into the rabbit hole for a little while more.

Top Bottom