• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dcmk7

Banned
This is insane to watch.

As the truth becomes more and more obvious, believers are split in two groups: the most detatched/rational ones, who are not deep enough into the rabbit hole yet, start leaving, and only the most fanatical are left.

Reading the room, as an instinctual response the latter also become more aggressive and boastful, to create a collective wall between themselves and the perceived threat to their belief. You are either with them or you are stupid, secretly scared of the "obvious truth" and not worth even listening to.

As this goes on, the believers will be left few in number but unshakeable in faith, in their bubble of their own creation. They will be trapped in a perennial eco chamber dictated by a sunk cost fallacy that prevents them from even entertaining the possibility of being wrong.

If this were about politics or religion instead of video games, next thing you know in a few years' time we'd read the news of a sect called the "Kojima Truthers" who bombed the Parliament to kill the representatives of the "secret global elite of the Hasanians" (who "want to keep the sheep people shackled by preventing Kojima from rising to his legitimate role of World Emperor"), or alteranetively committed collective suicide on the anniversary of PT's release to let their spirirs be carried on the earthly paradise of Planet Kojima V.
Well thought out.

Also helps clear up why the XSS defenders are the way they are.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Also, earlier today some guys at the Blue box conspiracy Reddit posted this screenshot from Mass Effect:

E81HOPKVUAU0N9Z
Merriam-Webster definition of Blue Box: "an electronic device attached to a telephone that emits signals enabling the user to make illegal free long-distance calls."
---
As for the demo of this game, it looks like a beginner's indie project that would take an afternoon to throw together. I'm sure the creator is surprised how much attention he's getting for it.

Merriam-Webster definition of Blue Box: "an electronic device attached to a telephone that emits signals enabling the user to make illegal free long-distance calls."
---
As for the demo of this game, it looks like a beginner's indie project that would take an afternoon to throw together. I'm sure the creator is surprised how much attention he's getting for it.
I think you need your eyes checked, man. That floor texture was the very height of graphics technology, exceeding anything yet seen, likely the greatest you’ll see for the next few years. Only a AAA, Sony backed Kojima could make a floor texture that incredible. That was Hasan delivering on his promise of exceeding Red Dead Redemption 2’s level of attention to detail. You should feel priveledged to have watched a Good Value Norman Reedus from the waist down trundle across that graphics wizardry.

Last edited:

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
I think something went weird with my last post:

Kojima originally posted the Night Watch image in Japanese around 15 hours ago. The Reddit Mass Effect post was posted around 8 hours after. A English translation of Kojima‘s tweet went up about an hour after that. So it’s even more of a stretch than initially thought.

ParaSeoul

I think something went weird with my last post:

Kojima originally posted the Night Watch image in Japanese around 15 hours ago. The Reddit Mass Effect post was posted around 8 hours after. A English translation of Kojima‘s tweet went up about an hour after that. So it’s even more of a stretch than initially thought.
Don't remember,dude.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
bitbydeath bitbydeath asset streaming is about using so much of the RAM for the current view, that new things that appear are streamed in from disk.. it would only happen in a fairly quickly moving scene, where the scene was changing.*

That.. is a 5 second cinematic that is not streaming anything, as everything is on screen the entire time..

edit: To be clear there's other reasons to stream assets quickly, like some element of randomness making it so you can't always cache data, but there is no reason to think that demo used any asset streaming.. it's honestly, kind of nonsensical.

Last edited:
It's funny cause I remember back when SH came out it was considered a B tier game. Obviously history has been very kind on it.

I've only ever played one. I enjoyed it. I think it was #1 or 2.

I'd play a new one sure. I'm not great with horror though, I'm chicken shit.
The first silent hill game was so great
And lots of people consider sh1 more superior then the original resident evil games

The only thing I disliked about sh1 was that stupid piano puzzle that puzzle was ridiculously hard and I didn't have the internet back in 1999
So I waited for months till I bought the guide book

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I think you need your eyes checked, man. That floor texture was the very height of graphics technology, exceeding anything yet seen, likely the greatest you’ll see for the next few years. Only a AAA, Sony backed Kojima could make a floor texture that incredible. That was Hasan delivering on his promise of exceeding Red Dead Redemption 2’s level of attention to detail. You should feel priveledged to have watched a Good Value Norman Reedus from the waist down trundle across that graphics wizardry.
Don't get me wrong, it's a nice enough material, but indies have had access to nice textures and materials since back in the cgtextures and marlin textures days. Not to rip the guy, it's great that he's pursuing his dream. It's amazing how fast you can prototype ideas in UE and Unity. Just made this in a little over an hour in UE4...

This topic seems fun, and my opinion is that you can tell it's not Kojima because there's no footstep audio effects. That's a technical limitation, not done by design.

GuinGuin

Banned
And lots of people consider sh1 more superior then then the original resident evil games

The only thing I disliked about sh1 was that stupid piano puzzle that puzzle was ridiculously hard and I didn't have the internet back in 1999

Couldn't have been that hard. I don't even remember it.

rofif

Banned
Don't get me wrong, it's a nice enough material, but indies have had access to nice textures and materials since back in the cgtextures and marlin textures days. Not to rip the guy, it's great that he's pursuing his dream. It's amazing how fast you can prototype ideas in UE and Unity. Just made this in a little over an hour in UE4...

This topic seems fun, and my opinion is that you can tell it's not Kojima because there's no footstep audio effects. That's a technical limitation, not done by design.

exactly. and if You spend 100$ for some materials and spend a week on it... it would look even better

Doczu

Gold Member
And lots of people consider sh1 more superior then then the original resident evil games

Really? The piano puzzle?
I hated the plate puzzle in the otherworld hospital, that shit was too difficult for a 9yo without acces to internet, and not knowing colors.

GrayChild

While we all wait...

I noticed someone did a 4K remaster of the Fukuro CGI short film from Silent Hill 2:

20 years old but still unmatched in its disturbing imagery.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Talking of puzzles: the Sweet But Painful Twitter updated with another video today and long story short it is implied it resulted in A three-time use PSN a code and the three who got them are asked to remain anonymous, contact the site and sign an NDA…

Really? The piano puzzle?
I hated the plate puzzle in the otherworld hospital, that shit was too difficult for a 9yo without acces to internet, and not knowing colors.
Yes! I stopped playing for months because of that puzzle until the solution showed up in PSM, or gamepro or something. Maybe i looked it up on gamefaqs. Don’t remember.

GuinGuin

Banned
Talking of puzzles: the Sweet But Painful Twitter updated with another video today and long story short it is implied it resulted in A three-time use PSN a code and the three who got them are asked to remain anonymous, contact the site and sign an NDA…

S ___L based out of japan. A demo. So strange.

McGILLAZ

Has anyone already made the connection in Hasan's reveal of S_______ _______L might actually be Sweet but Painful and not Silent Hill?

bitbydeath

Gold Member
bitbydeath bitbydeath asset streaming is about using so much of the RAM for the current view, that new things that appear are streamed in from disk.. it would only happen in a fairly quickly moving scene, where the scene was changing.*

That.. is a 5 second cinematic that is not streaming anything, as everything is on screen the entire time..

edit: To be clear there's other reasons to stream assets quickly, like some element of randomness making it so you can't always cache data, but there is no reason to think that demo used any asset streaming.. it's honestly, kind of nonsensical.

Let's not focus on the streaming aspect then, the point was the assets look to be larger than 4K.
eg. Here's a direct feed of RDR2, just taken from my PS5.

reddeadredemption2_20boj9q.jpg

Now here it is again with 4 times the zoom. (8K is 4x 4K)

screenshot2021-08-16aeuj6z.png

Note how blurry it has become.

Here's a screenshot of Abandoned.

abandoned_realtimeexp2jjnh.jpg

screenshot2021-08-16ayakw9.png

Still taking in compression, it's a pretty big leap over what we see in RDR2.

all the teasing is itself a sign that something is going on. why would you slow drip a new unknown indie game like this? either team fake is right and bluebox are just a scam and this game isnt real and will never actually come out or there is something much more to it. naturally, people will point fingers towards kojima as he has already done things like this before.

Last edited:

baphomet

Let's not focus on the streaming aspect then, the point was the assets look to be larger than 4K.

reddeadredemption2_20boj9q.jpg

screenshot2021-08-16aeuj6z.png

Note how blurry it has become.

Here's a screenshot of Abandoned.

abandoned_realtimeexp2jjnh.jpg

screenshot2021-08-16ayakw9.png

Still taking in compression, it's a pretty big leap over what we see in RDR2.

That isn't how that works. You're literally just zooming in to a 4k image on both. I'm guessing you don't even know the resolution of the textures in RDR2.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
That isn't how that works. You're literally just zooming in to a 4k image on both. I'm guessing you don't even know the resolution of the textures in RDR2.
And there is a difference, wouldn’t it show similar results if that wasn’t how it worked? I recall the UE5 demo having similar tests run at the time.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

You wouldn't be able to tell as the rendering resolution is 4k.

8k textures do appear more detailed; but.. again.. who cares?

It's a single floor and a guy walking; it could easily be an 8k texture.. anyone w/ UE could do that, as there are a ton of 8k textures available. You are comparing that to the detail of the floor in a vast open world game, whose focus is not on having you staring at a floor and making you think it looks nice.

There's no gameplay running.. nothing.. just.. a basic scripted "dude walking".. so it could have all the detail in the world and it's rather meaningless. Did you see what people came up with within a few hours of UE5 releasing?

People do similar things in UE4 all the time.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
You wouldn't be able to tell as the rendering resolution is 4k.

8k textures do appear more detailed; but.. again.. who cares?

It's a single floor and a guy walking; it could easily be an 8k texture.. anyone w/ UE could do that, as there are a ton of 8k textures available. You are comparing that to the detail of the floor in a vast open world game, whose focus is not on having you staring at a floor and making you think it looks nice.

There's no gameplay running.. nothing.. just.. a basic scripted "dude walking".. so it could have all the detail in the world and it's rather meaningless. Did you see what people came up with within a few hours of UE5 releasing?

People do similar things in UE4 all the time.
We can tell, that was why the UE5 demo with 8K textures looked so impressive despite the resolution being just 1440P.

Yes, we only saw a floor but it would make sense the entire game would be of that same quality too, and it’s not that easy to do otherwise everyone would do it as I’m sure most devs would want the best graphics possible.

Esppiral

Kojima knows all the traction that abandoned is getting by the media and he has joined the game to troll you all among Hasan, this won't end well.

platina

We can tell, that was why the UE5 demo with 8K textures looked so impressive despite the resolution being just 1440P.

Yes, we only saw a floor but it would make sense the entire game would be of that same quality too, and it’s not that easy to do otherwise everyone would do it as I’m sure most devs would want the best graphics possible.
Let’s also not forget that abandoned is supposed to be open world too. Something strange that I noted booting up the app is no mention of what the engine is. I know the fake teaser was obviously running on UE4.

He’s at it again with the ‘Abandoned’ tweets

Interesting he tweeted the same thing on his Japanese account already last week.
I think his clues gets more obvious now, I mean it’s not only the abandoned amusement park but this bunny which looks very similar to the mascot in Silent Hill 3.

Top Bottom