• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Naughty Dog Future Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
nCk9RKY.jpg

Take it with a pinch of salt 🧂

Outer Space Astronaut GIF by NASA

Cringe Reaction GIF

I'd be surprised if they're working on a Sci-fi game, the rumor which has been floating around for months now is they're working on a medieval fantasy IP. If it is the case then it would be interesting since it's heavily rumored that SSM is also working on a Sci-fi game.

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

GaaS… what a waste. And a remaster of part 2? The game is already gorgeous. New IP and part 3 for the win.

Godot25

Banned
When I saw "it will be announced this year" I immediately knew it is fake.

Outside of TGA there is no "space" for big announcement for Sony this year and I really doubt they will announce new Naughty Dog IP there. They will keep it for their next showcase next year.

Raonak

Banned
That new IP sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see naughty dogs technical mastery be used in a space game.

Interesting to hear that factions is near completion. I wonder what the development problems are. Both U2 online and TLOU online were fantastic, so curious to see if it will come out.

TLOU3 is a no brainier. I would be crazy if it was a cross gen launch game for PS6

Its probably fake, but fun to think about.

The thing I find sus is the 15 gaas games. Why would this guy know the exact amount of games Sony has in development across all their studios

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned
That new IP sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see naughty dogs technical mastery be used in a space game.

Interesting to hear that factions is near completion. I wonder what the development problems are. Both U2 online and TLOU online were fantastic, so curious to see if it will come out.

TLOU3 is a no brainier. I would be crazy if it was a cross gen launch game for PS6
You actually believe these rumors?

HL3.exe

Hope not. Like me some Mass Effect back in the day, but man, am I bored of 'space' and 'interstellar travel' as a setting.

There are plenty more interesting human stories to tell and to translate them into interesting interactive experiences, without resorting to another boring 'the universe is ending as we know it' trope.

Last edited:
I think they'll release both, TLoU Part II Remastered and Factions as one package, with Factions for last gen as DLC, around the time of the TV Show Season 2 premiere. 6 months later, PC version.

Though the source is sketchy, Savage Starlight was teased by ND before (and the description of that rumor slightly coincides or cleverly imagined by the fake insider that the Starlight is the Eye that emits a light source, which humanity are freaking out about, going by what it sounds like), but at the same time Santa Monica Studio is working on a space adventure new IP, too. Will Sony greenlight 2 projects in the same setting/genre?

Remember Santa Monica canned a space IP nearby completion/reveal, before, since it was very close resembling Destiny.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

When I saw "it will be announced this year" I immediately knew it is fake.

Outside of TGA there is no "space" for big announcement for Sony this year and I really doubt they will announce new Naughty Dog IP there. They will keep it for their next showcase next year.
Nvm this leak, but wasn't there talk about possibly another SoP this year somewhere?

They should make a game that has the plot of a horrific gloom and doom alien invasion like the tom cruise war of the worlds

Don't believe it. Way too derivative.
Doesn't seem that derivative to me. The Eye of Terror isn't an actual eye, nor is it a solar system. It's got the word Eye in the name and it's in Space, but that's about it.

Besides... this is Naughty Dog. They basically ripped off Indiana Jones for Uncharted and post-apocalyptic Zombie games were a dime a dozen back when they made the original TLOU.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Factions 2 will release with TLOU 3

And it makes no sense for there to be a ps4 version of the part 2 remaster

Godot25

Banned
There's still 3 months left. ;)

But I'm not expecting anything. There won't be any major releases this year anyway, apart from SM2.
I really doubt that second showcase is real.
Sony already planned out next few months with Spider-Man 2, Helldivers 2, Horizon FW PC port and FF VII Rebirth. There is literally no reason to have a showcase until march 2024.

Killjoy-NL

I really doubt that second showcase is real.
Sony already planned out next few months with Spider-Man 2, Helldivers 2, Horizon FW PC port and FF VII Rebirth. There is literally no reason to have a showcase until march 2024.
Could very well be.
I just remembered there was talk of another one.

Keihart

so this? i doubt it, probably the source for the rumor, sounds like wishful thinking.
iu

iu

Last edited:
There were rumors of another showcase sometime late this year, I won't expect anything till after Spiderman 2 releases.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
That sci fi shit has been around since 2013 when the rumor was that Savage Starlight was going to be their next big one lol

just_jr

I would be totally fine with a new uncharted with Drake's daughter searching for her father that has been kidnapped by some mysterious cult or something

I would be totally fine with a new uncharted with Drake's daughter searching for her father that has been kidnapped by some mysterious cult or something
Please no, we got 4 games worth of Nate Drake, I'd prefer we don't milk that cow again. It was fun whilst it lasted.

I also have zero interest in playing as Nate's daughter, I'd prefer Nadine, Chloe, Cutter and Sam. Maybe even a prequel with Sully.

saintjules

Please no, we got 4 games worth of Nate Drake, I'd prefer we don't milk that cow again. It was fun whilst it lasted.

I also have zero interest in playing as Nate's daughter, I'd prefer Nadine, Chloe, Cutter and Sam. Maybe even a prequel with Sully.

Yeah, have to agree. And to think of playing Nate's daughter would have to be a time jump in the Uncharted Universe. I'd rather stay in the present or near future with Chloe and crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom