• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Midori: Like a Dragon, Persona and Sonic to become annual franchises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullet Club

Banned

J69TwRR.png

This is the opposite of exciting for me, but whatever...

Like Nankatsu said, it will be easy for LAD, since 70% of those games is asset re-use. They do it well, don't get me wrong. It genuinely doesn't bother me.

But yeah, you can take my favorite game series ever, like Bayonetta for example, and say "You will get one every year now!", and that will ALWAYS be disappointing to me.

phant0m

Considering how Ryu Ga Gotoku can recycle assets it's fesable for them.

But do I want Like a Dragon titles every year? Personally, I don't.
Same. I love the games but they’re all 50+ hour adventures and I just straight up don’t have the time.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
so we will have normal edition and 2 years later "special" edition of each IP now lolz

Last edited:

Bridges

I adore Yakuza/Like a Dragon but I cannot handle yearly releases.

They just release three games in a 12 month period with Ishin! Remake, Gaiden and Infinite Wealth. Every time I get closer to being caught up on this series they release several more. Two steps forward and three steps back. And Yakuza burnout is real, they need to be careful about this.

I wouldn't mind Kiwami 3 though, sounds like that is on the roadmap

El Muerto

The Yakuza/LAD series died when Toshihiro Nagoshi left. To clarify, i'm fine with the turn-based combat, but the story in Gaiden was lame, combat was worse, and I'm still butthurt having Darryl Kurlyo replaced by an annoying youtuber.
I'll definitely take more SMT games though.

StereoVsn

I adore Yakuza/Like a Dragon but I cannot handle yearly releases.

They just release three games in a 12 month period with Ishin! Remake, Gaiden and Infinite Wealth. Every time I get closer to being caught up on this series they release several more. Two steps forward and three steps back. And Yakuza burnout is real, they need to be careful about this.

I wouldn't mind Kiwami 3 though, sounds like that is on the roadmap
Yeah, it’s a lot of games that’s for sure. I still haven’t gotten to Gaiden and Infinite Wealth, lol.

And I agree on Kiwami 3. I know a lot of folks are not a fan of Yakuza 3, but it’s one of my favorite games in the series personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom