• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor / Leaker - Far Cry 7 Announcement in Next 72 Hours

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Apparently this guy is a reliable Ubisoft leaker with previous hits on AC games.

edit: maybe the 72 hour thing is not the announcement window, but some kind of an in-game timer which was leaked before via Insider-Gaming

Last edited:
FvqovLuacAExsYK.jpg

yurinka

Let's see:
  • Game companies normally don't announce games during weekends unless it's in E3 or similar event
  • Game companies tell people publicly that they'll reveal a big game several days on advance
  • There's the Ubisoft Forward coming, and pretty likely a State of Play/PlayStation Showcase coming in a few weeks, it would make more sense to announce it there
I think Ubisoft will announce Far Cry 7 soon, but not this weekend. If something, Ubisoft would mention next week (during working days, more likely Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday) that they'll reveal with a proper trailer Far Cry 7 certain day in the future (at Ubisoft Forward or Sony event).

Pretty likely would do it without providing a lot of details, maybe not including even a teaser trailer.

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
72 hours is the extra "A" you buy for a $50 surcharge. Quick! While supplies last, of course.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Let's see:
  • Game companies normally don't announce games during weekends unless it's in E3 or similar event
  • Game companies tell people publicly that they'll reveal a big game several days on advance
  • There's the Ubisoft Forward coming, and pretty likely a State of Play/PlayStation Showcase coming in a few weeks, it would make more sense to announce it there
I think Ubisoft will announce Far Cry 7 soon, but not this weekend. If something, Ubisoft would mention next week (during working days, more likely Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday) that they'll reveal with a proper trailer Far Cry 7 certain day in the future (at Ubisoft Forward or Sony event).

Pretty likely would do it without providing a lot of details, maybe not including even a teaser trailer.
Wouldn't 72 hours put the reveal time on Tuesday?

Fake

Are they gonna use snowdrop engine instead of outdated dunia engine?

Maybe a Far Cry close to the Avatar visual would be good.

Last edited:

CamHostage

...So, if a Ubisoft game is getting officially announced in the next 3 days, why hasn't the whole thing leaked already?

Tick tock, leakers, we're on Ubi time here.

Dazraell

I believe the 72 hours thingie was tied to rumors about Far Cry 7. I remember reading something that you are given 72 hours to finish your main goal

They may be also teasing that Cillian Murphy would be playing next villain. No idea what crab thing is referring towards

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I hope they shake the formula so hard we won't even recognize it's farcry.

They wanted 6 to be a gaas so I would be surprised if it ain't always multiplayer like let's say fallout 76.

StereoVsn

I do, because I always wish this time they'll change the formula and/or finally upgrade the AI. Last Far Cry I played was 3 or 4, it has to happen at some point.
It ain’t going to happen, lol. I expect it will be more like 3-6 because there have been no indication whatsoever of Ubi improving their games.

Xtib81

They would need to seriously revamp some gameplay mechanics to get me interested, dumb AI and respawning enemies are examples. The setting with FC6 was interesting but it quickly grew stale. .

Last edited:

King Dazzar

It ain’t going to happen, lol. I expect it will be more like 3-6 because there have been no indication whatsoever of Ubi improving their games.
I'm actually nervous around changes if the timer rumour is true. Safe is fine for me. I get that others are bored and fatigued with it all though and even for me 6 felt a tad tired at times. But we loves what we loves. 6's dlc was terrible though....

Stafford

While me and my brother did have fun with 6 in co-op, I feel the franchise has lost its shine quite a bit now. It needs something new, I guess. But still, I am curious!

rm082e

does anyone actually get hyped for farcry games anymore?
I do. I enjoyed 3, 4, 5, and 6 to different degrees. Primal didn't grab me. FC4 is still my favorite of the bunch, but I did like 5 and 6.

I know I'm in the minority these days as I still enjoy the open-world format if the gameplay is good. I really enjoyed the three big Assassin's Creed games - Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla, and also Day's Gone.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Breaking news! This just in, water is wet, dogs will bark, the sky is blue.

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

Not since I hit a game-breaking bug in FC 6 and Ubisoft's response to multiple reports was "Can't replicate, sorry."

Sold FC 6 the next day and haven't bought a Ubi game since.
2 had many game-breaking glitches too, that occurred at certain completion percentages iirc.
They were never fixed.
Really frustrating.
It'll be interesting to see what they're bringing to the table with 7.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I hope that the rumors about some bullshit time limits aren't true, I'd be even less excited for a new FC than normal.

My issues with Far Cry is that they really don't have to compete for the same space like they did when Crysis was the big innovator on the block. They refined the formula from FC2->FC3 and then just rested on their laurels with a few slight exceptions. At least with Primal they did something a little more unique, but it didn't have co-op and it was never really touched on again. FC Primal sequel/prequel w/ dinosaurs proper would have been so cool. FC5 was cool in the way that it was on American soil and fighting a bunch of hillbillies was a nice change, but other than that, it's pretty much been the same basic thing for 5 or 6 games now.

It's hard for me to care other than it being one of the few open-world co-op sandbox games I can play with a buddy that has decent shooting.

Last edited:
They're all just the same bloody game now.
But what they’re describing sounds vastly different. I’d rather wait and see what they show before deciding.

Ubisoft has the capacity for creativity as long as they go all-in with their risks. Half-in is where they encounter heavy criticism, like Watch Dogs Legion.

hemo memo

Gold Member
That’s like considering the next FF movie as “news”. We know 7 is FC7 is coming. 8 and 9 and 10 probably planned.

MCplayer

For some reason the newer the games the worse they look and gameplay doesn't evolve, they just keep milking it like Microsoft did to halo

I'm still surprised Ubisoft didnt make a "Survival" game with Far Cry brand. It makes total sense. FC6 is hot garbage, imo.

I hope FC7 is current gen only at least, but since AC Mirage released on last gen, better keep expectations low 🤡

Top Bottom