• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor / Leak: EA FC '24 - First $80 Game on Current Gen Consoles (Standard Edition) (Update: another pricing typo, they really aren't hiring the best)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Didn't they lose those expensive Fifa licenses? Shouldn't it be cheaper on its own?
497.gif

The sad thing is it is going to be so filled with MTX that it should have been free to play in the first place.

I don't know how anyone could be a gamer these days and not have an exit plan from modern gaming. I suggest everyone get very familiar with games released before 2005 if you aren't already, and start catching up on the amazing things going on in the translation community. Games that I would have never expected to ever see in English are being translated left and right. Try and find a CRT while there are still people giving them away for free and look into how easy it is to mod old consoles now - even a PSX can boot CDRs with only a memory card. A Wii can play everything 16-bit and before with ease on a CRT.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
We've saved ourselves billions in dollars by not paying for the license, now it's time for gamers to reap the benefits.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Same price in UK no? £70
I am going with it being them using direct conversion from £70 to other regions (£70 x 1.28 (USD conversion) would be $89), instead of traditional matching numbers we were used to. But it's EA, so we shall see.

if true, EA can go and eat some shit. I don’t buy their garbage sports games but it’ll have a rolling effect on the rest of the industry when they sell millions of copies of the same pile of ass they sold the year before.

Sleepwalker

Day 1.

But there's different leaks saying it will be $70, the guy in the OP converted currency based on the UK price.

Davevil

I don't care....i play tons of hours with FIFA23...i'll play tons of hours EA FC 24 (yes i'm addicted)

Puscifer

The sad thing is it is going to be so filled with MTX that it should have been free to play in the first place.

I don't know how anyone could be a gamer these days and not have an exit plan from modern gaming. I suggest everyone get very familiar with games released before 2005 if you aren't already, and start catching up on the amazing things going on in the translation community. Games that I would have never expected to ever see in English are being translated left and right. Try and find a CRT while there are still people giving them away for free and look into how easy it is to mod old consoles now - even a PSX can boot CDRs with only a memory card. A Wii can play everything 16-bit and before with ease on a CRT.
My PC is my exit plan. I have collections of games I've wanted to play, emulation configs ready and backed up to several ways physical and cloud and anything going forward minus Sony exclusives I'm not buying. If Sony tells me their next big one is 80/90 I'm gone and I'll just wait for the port and sell my PS5.

drotahorror

Not surprised. Game prices are going to go up, Biden rocking the highest inflation rate 3 years in a row since the early 80's. Everything's costing more.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So it'll be $104.99 CDN with currency exchange unless stores purposely bite the bullet dumb it down to $99.99.

(The accurate exchange rate is actually about $106)

Unknown?

Printing endless money after shutting down local businesses (causing them to go under), putting 10s of thousands out of work, but not shutting down your corporate pals. Wealth grab funneling. Blockading ports and supply chains (oil and otherwise), causing increase in core supply costs. Open borders, etc., etc..

Mainly, printing endless money with no backing devaluing the dollar.
I'll vote for you!

dDoc

Have only played Dead Space remake from EA. Prior to that nothing for decades.

Keep your footy pinball MTX ridden filth EA, not getting a cent from me.

Will play it for 10 hours on gp and then wait for 6 7 months than it comes there for free
Fuck paying 80 dollars for FIFA I payed like 100 dollars for 3 years of gp ultimate.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
If you're into Ultimate Team then that's just the entry price.

I know guys who've spend thousands every year on Ultimate Team. It's all they play 365 days a year. One of them went into so much debt that it cost him his marriage.

Top Bottom