• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: E3 2019 plans leaked - Dino Crisis reboot and Splinter Cell happening

Verdanth

Dino Crisis and Splinter Cell seem to be thrown in there to save MS conference honestly, because if thats actually their show it feels a little bit short, as always.

They need other AAA games besides the typical Gears and Halo.

As for their next gen console, well lets wait and see.

Only 1 new acquisition? Seems like they need to have at least 4 not just because they had 5 last year vut because google and Sony are aure to be buying companies as well

Mista

Banned
They're literally the only platform holder this year who will be hosting a conference. Though if it's anything like last year, it may as well be the Sony conference too, what with all the multiplats on show.
And what has this to do with them killing it this year exactly? I meant in general..

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Well, I guess I agree then. The only guys there will no doubt kill it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They killed it last year with Sony being there. Does that make you feel better? lol
Hey, you can't have a decent show unless there's a competitor. Amazing mentality

Last edited:

GermanZepp

They killed it last year with Sony being there. Does that make you feel better? lol
Hey, you can't have a decent show unless there's a competitor. Amazing mentality
If im not remember wrong, MS E3 last year was very solid, better than Sony IMO, but Killing it is a little bit too much.

Mista

Banned
If im not remember wrong, MS E3 last year was very solid, better than Sony IMO, but Killing it is a little bit too much.
Killing it means they had a great show and they did have a great show. Taking that away from them by anyone if they did it this time just because the competitor isn't around is stupid. Whenever someone has a great show they they did have a great show and we can't say "oh they didn't because the competitor isn't around" not saying you did btw but the other lad

Romulus

I don't understand the cult following for dino crisis, never will. Played them when I was a kid and adult and was always confused by the love.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Even if Dino Crisis just gets an RE2 Remake treatment, I'd be fine with that. Whatever direction Capcom goes with it, the game is sure to do well. They'd have to royally screw things up for that not to be the case. Given how well the company has been doing of late, it's hard to imagine that happening.

I heard from credible insider sources that there will be a trailer for a hard mode in Sekiro at E3 as well. It also has extra skill locked content.

You know it's a good thing the games media doesn't really float around these parts any more because I'm fairly certain they'd steal the term "skill locked content" to describe harder games since they do love their buzzwords.

Mista

Banned
I heard from credible insider sources that there will be a trailer for a hard mode in Sekiro at E3 as well. It also has extra skill locked content.

You know it's a good thing the games media doesn't really float around these parts any more because I'm fairly certain they'd steal the term "skill locked content" to describe harder games since they do love their buzzwords.
There's already a hard mode when you ring the bell in-game

Shin

Banned
I'm hyped for e3 like every year. But I doubt this.
Same, I doubt the person they used as a source.
Xbox E3 is the same length as last year so that's kinda interesting, it could be a nice balance of software + next-gen consoles.

Winter John

Gold Member
I can't believe there hasn't been a Splinter Cell game this gen. I guess it's because Ubisoft couldn't figure out how to cram microtransactions into it

Jigsaah

Gold Member
  • Teaser of Bleeding Edge, a new IP by Ninja Theory
  • Teaser of a next-gen IP by Rare

Please be true, please be TRUE!

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Well, I guess I agree then. The only guys there will no doubt kill it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

C'mon bro, just because they are the only ones there, doesn't mean the show automatically kicks ass.

they are putting forth real effort here and are very transparent in the meantime. I'm digging MS's process right now. I say keep it up. It'll put Sony on its toes.

1526664489667.jpg

Holy fucking shit just give me my fucking Splinter Cell.

Dlacy13g

Those are some really safe / soft predictions. Sorry but I feel like half of Gaf have already made these overall generic predictions.

EDMIX

MS buying another team would be news, but I'm fine with it as them putting games on many systems still allows me to play em.

Dino Crisis Reboot , if they treat it like their other remakes, its a default day 1.

Splinter Cell , would be down for a new entry and if Ubisoft is bringing it back, they have good reason. I can see a open world and ability to enter an area how and where you feel just adding to the complexity and randomness of the mission. I want to be able to improvise on the fly. Loved it in MGSV, would love it in Splinter Cell.

Tiamat2san

Dino crisis = instant hard on!
I hope we’ll see battle toad gameplay.
Can’t wait to see halo infinite and gears 5 this year was obvious.
But still I want to see where the story goes.
The end in gears 4 had a fucking cliffhanger.

molasar

Banned
Dino Crisis - a horror game with elements of action: Yes

Dino Crisis - an action game with elements of horror: No

Jon Neu

Banned
No Sony at E3 means the event is dead to me tbh.

Sony is not going to be physically at E3, but they are going to make their own cheaper conference and put it online to try to counteract against the E3 hype that MS is probably going to bring.

I really hate leaks to be honest, but this would be awesome if it verified. I probably won't start getting really hyped for E3 until we at least get into May.

V4skunk

Banned
Dino Crisis = Monster Hunter x Resident Evil.
Monster Hunter set up most of the foundation for Dino Crisis.

Geki-D

Banned
Monster Hunter set up most of the foundation for Dino Crisis.
This is a pretty odd thing to say. Have you played DC before? It doesn't share the same gameplay or layout as MH in any way, shape or form. MH is about going out on various missions on open maps and finding a specific target to get better gear. Dino Crisis is just like RE where a player advances through the game paying attention to their health and ammo supplies looking for items that will allow them to unlock the way forward till they reach the end of the game.

Dontero

Banned
Considering what we know from science about dinosaurs today i can't see it happening.

Basically this:

science-dinosaur.jpg

and let us not forget about small dinosaurs too:

18613337_304.jpg

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Considering what we know from science about dinosaurs today i can't see it happening.

Basically this:

science-dinosaur.jpg

and let us not forget about small dinosaurs too:

18613337_304.jpg
T-rex with feathers looks badass and so did others dinos though:
Documentary-reveals-what-the-Tyrannosaurus-Rex-really-looked-like.png

20150503_130721.jpg

T-Rex-rendering.jpg

sk-2017_04_article_main_mobile;jpeg_quality=20.jpg

And considering all of the misinformation and outright evolution denialism about, we need them to be actually portrayed as looking as real as we know they were.

Also we need to finally stop confusing raptors with Deinonychus:
deinonychus_antirrhopus_for_wikipedia_by_fredthedinosaurman_dbq2u96-pre.jpg

Last edited:
Capcom had a great year so far with RE2:R, DMC5 and if the Dino Crisis reboot is true then they will have ton this year for games in 2019 to me.

Top Bottom