• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocktober OT: Music can be scary?

Kagey K

Banned
October is here again, so let's post our favorite scary music.

I'm always looking outside the box, I don't want to listen to Thriller or Superstition for the billionth time.

There are bands like White Zombie and Marilyn Manson that make careers out of this. So let's talk favorite Halloween musicians.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Just for the record it can be all types of music. I just picked Rocktober because it sounds good, but there is horror hip hop also,

So feel free to share any and all music that fits the horror theme.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy

That and waiting to pick my brother up from a school trip and thriller was playing with the Vincent price refrain as we are parked outside a church in the winter darkness. I was about 13 it was scary for me back then. Dammit.

can't go wrong with some Skiba. maybe not over the top horror but he has a lot of dark inspiration and really good lyrics.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
So while I was trying to get away from mainstream "horror" and metal I found Psychobilly and goddammit its got its hooks in me.

It so varied and covers all the things I love about punk but with wierd poppy shit thrown in.

From covers of Surfing Bird to Patsy they do it all in the genre. Apparently I was testing the waters with The Horrorpops, but it goes so much deeper.

If I could do it all again, I think this is the way I would have gone instead of being a straight hardcore band.

Last edited:

Dark Star

Motionless in White is EXACTLY what you’re looking for

Ice nine kills too

Others:

Misfits
Ghost
Type o negative (October rust is GOAT)
Mercyful fate
Buckethead
Slipknot

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Lordi - Chainsaw Buffet

Rest

Witchfinder General:

Death Sentence

Friends of Hell

Seriously if you haven't heard of Witchfinder General you need to hear these albums.

Last edited:

Rest

Bodycount - Black Voodoo Sex

Rest

Three Inches of Blood - Deadly Sinners (demo version)

Rest

The Sword - Winter's Wolves

Top Bottom