• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Robotech' movie to be written by Gough and Millar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
Considering that Smallville got better after they left, not a good thing.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i7c31f644b1ae0cdc04ce33782f0178e6

Alfred Gough and Miles Millar have been drafted to pen "Robotech," Warner Bros.' adaptation of the anime classic.

Akiva Goldsman and Chuck Roven are producing with Tobey Maguire and Drew Crevello.

"Robotech" was a 1980s cartoon series from Harmony Gold USA and Tatsunoko Prods. It was re-edited and re-dialogued to combine three Japanese anime series to give the producers enough episodes to air as a daily syndicated series.

A sprawling sci-fi epic, "Robotech" takes place at a time when Earth has developed giant robots from the technology on an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific isle. Mankind is forced to use the technology to fend off an alien invasion, with the fate of the human race ending up in the hands of two young pilots.

Lawrence Kasdan wrote a previous draft. Warners is intent on keeping the project moving forward, and Gough and Millar bring action and geek cred to the table. The WMA-repped duo worked on "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" and "Spider-Man 2," among other films, and were showrunners on TV's "Smallville" for many years.

Frank Agrama of rights-holder Harmony Gold is executive producing "Robotech," as is Jason Netter.

...does this have any relation to the SE SNES game by the same name?...God that is one of my favorite games for absolutely NO reason. NOSTALGIA

Shirokun

Cheebs said:
smallville is one of the worst tv shows in history. both these guys should be murdered.

phpdVsf4PAM.jpg

Lebron

Smallville(guilty pleasure) only got interesting after they left the show. I thank them for their departure, and send my sincerest apologies to Robotech fans.

They should get the Wachowski Bros. on this. They did an awesome job with Speed Racer and I have every confidence they could do the same with Robotech.

TombaAvatar.jpg

Oh god! Once you see it, you can't unsee it. :(

Javaman

Emenis said:
Oh god, I dont know who these guys are but I hope they dont ruin my Robotech.

If they ruin it, you can just ignore the new crap. Nothing will have changed with the classic. If they make a good add on, it could reinvigorate the long lost series.

Tamanon said:
Wish someone would've just done a Sentinels series, at least a complete one:(
I wish everyone would just let the series die outside of Japan. If the staff at HG (who claims to actually own all Macross rights) had any brains, they would concentrate on working with Manga Entertainment to get Macross DYRL, Flashback 2012, Zero, Frontier and maybe even Macross 7 released instead of milking a 26 years old series with their butchered translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom