• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridley Scott to direct WWII Battle of Britain film

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://deadline.com/2017/04/ridley-scott-battle-of-britain-movie-matthew-orton-writer-1202059136/

EXCLUSIVE: Ridley Scott may be currently gearing up for his Getty kidnapping drama, but he’s also got his eye on another historical pic that he’s keen to add to his list of credits. The Brit director is planning to helm a project for 20th Century Fox based on the epic Battle of Britain, one of the most decisive battles in World War II history that saw the courageous British underdogs overcome Nazi titans.

I take it Scott saw an early cut of Dunkirk and went "hold me beer"?

This Scott's strength so I am happy for him (cutting out of the alien crap.)

Cranster

Banned
No offense, but he probably won't even be alive before he completes half the movies he committed himself to at this rate.

I think it's great that these big directors are focusing on non-US allies for a bit for their WW2 movies

Ridley is pretty damn meh these days but last time he gave us a war film it was black hawk down which was great. So heres hoping

I wonder if scott will recruit Zimmer for this or will the guy feel burnt out after Dunkirk. Dude killed it with thin red line and black hawk down tho so his track record with this stuff is God level

jett

D-Member
So both Scott and Nolan are going WWII. We about to see a resurgence of WWII movies?

What resurgence, there's never any shortage of WW2 movies. In the last couple of years we've had Allied, Fury, The Monuments Men, The Imitation Game, Unbroken and Hacksaw Ridge. Those are just the American productions.

I think at this point I'm gonna feel indifferent towards any Ridley project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom