• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridley Scott: Gladiator 2 is his next film after his Napoleon film

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This film sparked my love for dark fantasy when I was a kid. Couple of months ago they announced this pre order. This was a upgrade from my DVD I bought 20 years ago.
13170511-9074873864797852.jpg
Happy Hugh Jackman GIF

Sparked my interest in Dark Fantasy as a kid, as well. Is this a Bluray boxset, 4K?
tumblr_pktqv6vkPZ1tjk4tmo1_r4_540.gifv

That dark queen we've all been seeking.
Mia Sara :messenger_smiling_hearts:

I had the biggest crush when I was a tot. She was responsible for the recessed, "goth chicks are SO HOT" phase in high school that Fairuza Balk resurfaced in all of us.

Last edited:

8bitpill

Happy Hugh Jackman GIF

Sparked my interest in Dark Fantasy as a kid, as well. Is this a Bluray boxset, 4K?

Mia Sara :messenger_smiling_hearts:

I had the biggest crush when I was a tot. She was responsible for the recessed, "goth chicks are SO HOT" phase in high school that Fairuza Balk resurfaced in all of us.
I bought it from Diabolik DVD but here is a link with the details,
https://us.zavvi.com/blu-ray/legend-original-artwork-limited-edition-zavvi-exclusive/13170512.html

Looks like a 4K scan for the theatrical release.

As for a phase with goth chicks, I'm still in it since middle school, Black Hair, Blue Eyes, Pale Skin all fishnets. Slap on that Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, Ministry, NIN, Depeche Mode, and let me fall in love.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I bought it from Diabolik DVD but here is a link with the details,
https://us.zavvi.com/blu-ray/legend-original-artwork-limited-edition-zavvi-exclusive/13170512.html

Looks like a 4K scan for the theatrical release.

As for a phase with goth chicks, I'm still in it since middle school, Black Hair, Blue Eyes, Pale Skin all fishnets. Slap on that Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, Ministry, NIN, Depeche Mode, and let me fall in love.

Ah yes, I have this one you linked that I got a while back.

So the other is a limited edition Bluray... sigh, take my money!

The big budget will be there, the cinematography will be grand and epic. I'm not expecting a miracle I just hope the story isn't convoluted and full of plot holes, and they get the main casting right. Im not expecting them to get all star performances from the supporting cast like the original, but just make sure everyone fits their roles and the story flows with a steady pace. would be nice because I love action adventure films.

Prometheus and Alien: Covenant would like a word with you

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Forced sequel to cater to Nostalgia made in 2022-3 (?) by a director that hasn't done anything nearly as good as the first movie in like 15 years.

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

Disagree. Scott made a number of terrific movies after Gladiator: Black Hawk Down, American Gangster, Kingdom of Heaven and The Martian. I thought Body of Lies and All the Money in the World were also very good. Scott's problem is that his movies are so uneven, because he's made a couple of turds as well. But despite that, he still has an impressive batting average.

No. That was the original idea of Maximus fighting in different wars throughout history, but it was thrown out for being way too far fetched.

Galidator 2 (I doubt it'll be called that) is still going to be a historical drama. It'll just pick up decades after Maximus died. Most likely when Severus Alexander was Emperor.
Yo FUCK. THAT.

Nick Cave script or bust.

Disagree. Scott made a number of terrific movies after Gladiator: Black Hawk Down, American Gangster, Kingdom of Heaven and The Martian. I thought Body of Lies and All the Money in the World were also very good. Scott's problem is that his movies are so uneven, because he's made a couple of turds as well. But despite that, he still has an impressive batting average.
The director’s cut of Kingdom of Heaven is so good.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Yo FUCK. THAT.

Nick Cave script or bust.

No. FUCK. THAT.

Although it was historically inaccurate, Galidator is still a historical action epic.

This Nick Cave script turns it from a historical epic into an incoherent, comical, lump of shit. It would also be deeply offensive to millions of people.

Fuck that. My cat could.come up with a better script than this piss-poor Nick Cave effort.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

He also made a number of stinkers after Galidator, such as: A Good Year, Hannibal, Exodus, Robin Hood, Prometheus and Alien Covenant.

Ridley Scott is one of the biggest hit or miss directors of all time. I look forward to the Last Duel, plus a Galidator sequel and Kitbag, but I'm not confident they'll all be decent films.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

"THR has confirmed that the sequel will follow Lucius, the son of Lucilla (Connie Nielsen) and the nephew of the villainous Commodus (Joaquin Phoenix), who looked up to Maximus and helped to honor him by carrying his body after his death."

AJUMP23

"THR has confirmed that the sequel will follow Lucius, the son of Lucilla (Connie Nielsen) and the nephew of the villainous Commodus (Joaquin Phoenix), who looked up to Maximus and helped to honor him by carrying his body after his death."

I figured you would just do some unconnected story. There was an illiterate 8 foot scithian that was emperor for a couple years.

Top Bottom