• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revisited X2 and it's clarified to me that Days of Future Past is the better movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
"Wolverine has metal claws in the future" - is there any reason in the movies universe why he shouldnt? (If it is something that happened in his solo movies then i really dont know)

Yeah, in The Wolverine
his claws are cut off near the end, and when they regenerate they are just bone claws

"Kitty suddenly can send people back in time" - the explanation was "her powers evolved". Its fine by me. There is worst stuff in the movies. Like the Magneto Sentinels

This was never mentioned on screen though. Not even in the Rogue cut. I had to find an explanation for it online since I don't read comic books.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I need to re-watch the original trilogy. I don't think I've seen them since they were in theaters and right after they were out on video.

Ithil

One problem I have with X2 is Magneto suddenly, out of nowhere, going from "mutant superiority" to "kill 6 billion humans". It feels like no one really acknowledges that he just attempts to commit genocide on probably 95% of the world's population (that's being generous to the number of mutants). The proper reaction would be "kill this genocidal nutcase on sight" from then on, but there he is just with a pretty minor plan in The Last Stand, and straight up an ally in the future parts of DOFP.

I mean even if you said something like "he figured the X-Men would stop it" (for some reason) every human on the planet being incapacitated for several minutes would have dire consequences even though they stopped it becoming lethal. Pilots, doctors doing surgery, people travelling at high speeds in vehicles, workers handling dangerous materials or operating machinery, etc. Dude probably caused injury or death to thousands of people and no one ever brings that up.

He needed to be the time traveler because Hugh Jackman is the biggest star playing the most popular character in the franchise. That has weight.

I understand why people fans have been tired of Wolverine-centered X-Men films, but don't kid yourself, that character is BY FAR the biggest reason X-Men is a film franchise.

But Wolverine is in the past, and is played by Hugh Jackman. They both could have been an integral role, just say "you need to find Wolverine the past ok, we need him for this". I'd love to see them play off of each other. I'd also love to see her in more fight scenes.

But Wolverine is in the past, and is played by Hugh Jackman. They both could have been an integral role, just say "you need to find Wolverine the past ok, we need him for this". I'd love to see them play off of each other. I'd also love to see her in more fight scenes.

Aside from the very valid commercial reasons Sheroking brought up, Kitty Pryde didn't exist in the 70s. She wasn't physically transporting Wolverine back there, only his consciousness. Kitty would have no consciousness to move back to. Not saying they couldn't have developed a time-travel machine or something, but in-universe it makes sense. Someone who was actually around at the time of Trask's assassination had to make the trip.

Aside from the very valid commercial reasons Sheroking brought up, Kitty Pryde didn't exist in the 70s. She wasn't physically transporting Wolverine back there, only his consciousness. Kitty would have no consciousness to move back to. Not saying they couldn't have developed a time-travel machine or something, but in-universe it makes sense. Someone who was actually around at the time of Trask's assassination had to make the trip.

I would be just as content with them rewriting it to make it work. Heck, you could have even at least worked her into the past stuff by having her be able to see "through" Logan and communicate with him (and perhaps they offset the advantage of direct communication by having her unable to communicate with the present while she's doing this).

I would be just as content with them rewriting it to make it work. Heck, you could have even at least worked her into the past stuff by having her be able to see "through" Logan and communicate with him (and perhaps they offset the advantage of direct communication by having her unable to communicate with the present while she's doing this).

I mean, yeah, you could rewrite it like that, but I'm not really seeing what that would add to the film. You'd get more Kitty Pryde, but what else? I'm not sure what advice she could give him considering she doesn't know the time period, and he's got many decades of experience. There might be some jokes you could get in there, but the film already has plenty of humor.

I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but I'm just not seeing what it would really add, other than getting a bit more Kitty Pryde. That's cool if you like Kitty Pryde, but you might be putting the cart before the horse with that one.

I haven't seen X2 (I've only seen every X-Men movie after the trilogy) but I thought DoFP was super mediocre. Nothing about the movie stood out to me as remotely interesting (except for watching all of the mutants die horribly).

Didn't like the Quicksilver scene either and I HATED how they benched him because he'd be able to fix the crisis instantly. Also when watching X-Men Apocalypse, it reminded me of how dreadful Magneto's suit was. It was so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom