• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Apocalypse - Dev Document Leak

GrayFoxPL

3rd person?

That's all I wanted to hear.

Sign Me Up Conor Mcgregor GIF by UFC

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I seriously doubt they‘ll finish off the Ethan story with a 3rd person game. Why? 7 and 8 sold really well. Smells fishy. As most of those fake leaks. It‘s getting tiresome.

Ellery

I seriously doubt they‘ll finish off the Ethan story with a 3rd person game. Why? 7 and 8 sold really well. Smells fishy. As most of those fake leaks. It‘s getting tiresome.

It could be a project that happens after the "Ethan first person trilogy VII, VIII, IX".

Leak says 2024 or later. RE9 could be early 2023

Reactions: Isa

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
3rd person?
So this one is canon?
We're finally getting a sequel instead of spin-off after all these year's!!

poodaddy

Capcom, instead of this, how about a remake of Operation Raccon City ? It was a great, charming game.
I think this is the first time I've seen anything positive said about Operation Raccoon City.

So that's good I guess. There's always someone for everyone.

SEGA_2012

I think this is the first time I've seen anything positive said about Operation Raccoon City.

So that's good I guess. There's always someone for everyone.

I like the game as a cheesy 80's movie. I mean it had a character called FOUR EYES, lol. It had a character with glasses behind his head, just look at this mother fucker :

05-02-06_1.jpg

skneogaf

Would it be possible to be able to make it so 1st person and 3rd person controls are both as good as 7 and 2 remake?

Last edited:
We're posting 4chan leaks now?

Not to blame the op, he's probably excited as we all are, but the number of times 4chan has been a source for leaks which turned out to be true can be counted on one hand.

What did that guy on twitter say about this? He might be a console fanboy, but he's pretty spot on when it comes to RE leaks.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Capcom, instead of this, how about a remake of Operation Raccon City ? It was a great, charming game.
Is that the game that reviewed horribly and sold nothing?

Why would they remake that?

Inspector Q

-3rd person survival horror experience

That sounds great! Can't wai-

- "innovative partner system"

FUCK!

That was kind of my reaction to reading this list. Obviously, we don't know whether this list is complete BS or exactly what exactly is meant by "innovative partner system" but I definitely prefer being solo in my RE games.

I think the older RE games had a nice balance where they would have a secondary character show up for a very small section of each character's campaign (Barry for Jill, Rebecca for Chris). It would lower the tension a bit during those sections, but then you really felt their absence once they were gone. Interestingly, The Evil Within also knew how to do this correctly. Give you that taste of security by having another character show up, but then take them away suddenly and leave you alone to fend for yourself.

I know people like the multiplayer aspect of 5 and 6, but that shit kind of sucked for me. Just not what I am looking for from a RE game.

Anyway, I just wish they would look at RE2 Remake and do a new RE game in that same vein. Make a new environment worthy of the Mansion/RPD Station that you slowly work your way through. Come up with a great variety of enemies that they slowly introduce throughout the game, keeping the backtracking fresh. Have 2 main characters you can choose from, etc etc.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.

Top Bottom