• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Collectors Edition Announced for UK

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
730671_ps4_a.png

Capcom has confirmed the existence of a fancy (if familiar) Resident Evil 2 Collector's Edition for PS4 and Xbox One in the UK - which contains, among other things, a poster, some keys, and a 12" Leon.

Resident Evil 2's UK Collector's Edition is admittedly not quite as fancy as the top-tier special edition available in Japan, which contains a vintage-style bluetooth keyboardinspired by the classic Resident Evil typewriter save points. On the plus side, the UK edition doesn't feature the same 75,000 yen/£530 price tag either.

Instead, Capcom's UK offering is very similar to one of its (many) other Japanese special editions, this one featuring the aforementioned 12" Leon, in imposing figurine form, a classic-style Raccoon Police Station poster, a box of actually-rather-nifty police station keys (complete with playing card suit motifs), plus an art book, soundtrack CD, and a Made in Heaven pin. The latter being inspired by the design on Chris Redfield's jacket.

Rounding out the UK Collector's Edition, there's a Deluxe DLC Pack card, which grants access to an "Original Version soundtrack swap", the Samurai Edge "Albert Model" weapon, Arklay Sheriff and Noir costumes for Leon, plus Military, Noir, and Elza Walker outfits for Claire. You'll also get a shiny box to put the whole lot in.

Be warned, however: if you're eager to get your hands on a 12" Leon, plus the other gubbins included in the Resident Evil 2 Collector's Edition, it'll set you back around £230. You could, of course, simply opt for the considerably cheaper standard version when the Resident Evil 2 remake release on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on January 25th next year
Capcom has confirmed the existence of a fancy (if familiar) Resident Evil 2 Collector's Edition for PS4 and Xbox One in the UK - which contains, among other things, a poster, some keys, and a 12" Leon.

Resident Evil 2's UK Collector's Edition is admittedly not quite as fancy as the top-tier special edition available in Japan, which contains a vintage-style bluetooth keyboardinspired by the classic Resident Evil typewriter save points. On the plus side, the UK edition doesn't feature the same 75,000 yen/£530 price tag either.

Instead, Capcom's UK offering is very similar to one of its (many) other Japanese special editions, this one featuring the aforementioned 12" Leon, in imposing figurine form, a classic-style Raccoon Police Station poster, a box of actually-rather-nifty police station keys (complete with playing card suit motifs), plus an art book, soundtrack CD, and a Made in Heaven pin. The latter being inspired by the design on Chris Redfield's jacket.

Rounding out the UK Collector's Edition, there's a Deluxe DLC Pack card, which grants access to an "Original Version soundtrack swap", the Samurai Edge "Albert Model" weapon, Arklay Sheriff and Noir costumes for Leon, plus Military, Noir, and Elza Walker outfits for Claire. You'll also get a shiny box to put the whole lot in.

Be warned, however: if you're eager to get your hands on a 12" Leon, plus the other gubbins included in the Resident Evil 2 Collector's Edition, it'll set you back around £230. You could, of course, simply opt for the considerably cheaper standard version when the Resident Evil 2 remake release on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on January 25th next year
GAME Exclusive and No Deluxe version it seems.
Demaster if old

Last edited:

TGO

Isn’t the Deluxe Edition a steelbook?
Bet it is the same one.
No mention of it and it's not available yet so far

Sorry IbizaPocholo, I didn’t see any mention of EU, I thought they might get a separate or other Editions like BD Movies

TGO

That's actually more expensive than the US version is it not?

Geki-D

Banned
That's actually more expensive than the US version is it not?
About 50 more give or take, though the US one literally only has the statuette, game and a bunch of paper. This one has the keys, pin & actual physical OST CD along with all of the rest of the stuff the US one has. Makes it a bit more worth it.

TGO

About 50 more give or take, though the US one literally only has the statuette, game and a bunch of paper. This one has the keys, pin & actual physical OST CD along with all of the rest of the stuff the US one has. Makes it a bit more worth it.
Fair enough

TGO

Sold out, that's really shitty of Capcom.
The only way of getting the deluxe content in the EU/UK was through a retailer exclusive limited Collectors Edition for £230
Capcom can go fuck themselves, I'll get it reduced I ain't missing anything.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
So wait am I reading this right? If I wanted the next step up from a normal edition, let’s say a deluxe edition type deal with the game, extras and sound track but nothing else... I’m shafted? I can’t get any of that other than with some huge waste of money set from the worst retailer known to man.............?

And yet even still, I can’t even preorder the big standard normal one from amazon?

The fuck?

TGO

So wait am I reading this right? If I wanted the next step up from a normal edition, let’s say a deluxe edition type deal with the game, extras and sound track but nothing else... I’m shafted? I can’t get any of that other than with some huge waste of money set from the worst retailer known to man.............?

And yet even still, I can’t even preorder the big standard normal one from amazon?

The fuck?
It's sold out now so it's just the standard edition without the original OS option and extra costumes.
Or you can import the Deluxe or go Digital Deluxe.
I would say they will be likely announcing the Deluxe Edition later but I can't see them doing that after CE

Last edited:

GenericUser

Nah, thank you, I'm good with the game alone. The space in my appartment is too precious to waste it with placing plastic junk in it.

TGO

Looks like the it was scalped to high heaven.

Top Bottom