• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Bloodborne movie to star Bill Skarsgard, be directed by Adam Wingard

Ristifer

A lot of people in this thread aren't reading between the lines. Do you remember what happened the last time a big Sony game got an adaptation? The game got a PC remake. By the time this movie comes out there are going to be a fair number of young people that have no fuckin clue what bloodborne is because it was simply before their time. So what do you do to reinvigorate interest in your IP? You remaster it. You re-release it.

You might not give a shit about a potential movie, and that's fine. But the movie does present a strong signal for what else could be coming. This news on top of Miyazaki saying "Shut up; I know you want a remake." when asked in a recent interview.

Where there's smoke..

Edit:

Some of ya are awake.
People aren’t failing to read between the lines. They just don’t give a shit about any movie and have been wanting a remaster/remake for years already. Not wanting to wait another several years for a marketing campaign is pretty understandable.

ZoukGalaxy

Excuse Me What GIF

mdkirby

Let's hope. TLOU1 and 2 both got remasters around the time of the TV series. Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy got remastered around the time of the Uncharted movie.

Well, there were four or five comc book series. Plus a board game and a card game.

I actually have the card game. It's pretty fucking fun. It's just tough to initially describe to people who are unfamiliar with the source material. But once you do and a play around or two, and people figure out the strategies, it can get pretty wild.

The concept is it's both cooperative and competitive at the same time. You team up with the other players to kill beasts, mini bosses, and bosses. But you win by basically being the player to have done the most damage to the enemies throughout the game. You do the most damage by not only hitting enemies with the most damaging weapons you have, but also by fucking over the other players, either by out damaging the other players to claim kills entirely for yourself, intentionally damaging/killing the other players, or abandoning a fight to let a monster kill them, among other strategies.
Sounds like my sort of game. Not seen it at any of the board game conventions, I’ll keep an eye out for it at airecon that’s coming soon.

Top Bottom