• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remnant: From the Ashes physical edition launches March 17

Mista

Banned
Remnant-From-the-Ashes-Key-Art.jpg

THQ Nordic has secured the worldwide (excluding Asia) distribution rights for the physical edition of publisher Perfect World Entertainment and developer Gunfire Games’ third-person survival action shooter Remnant: From the Ashes, the company announced. The physical edition will launch across all available platforms on March 17 for $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99.

Gematsu

Lanrutcon

I've heard good things, so I'll buy it now that it has a physical copy. Spooky shooter-Souls game, essentially?

Yeah. It's got semi-randomized levels (so you won't see 100% of the content in one go), and it's pretty intense.

I haven't played it since right after launch, but the bosses were a bit weird (some were absolute nightmares, some were push overs, some almost required a specific gear setup) and multiplayer was really not meant for randoms. I had fun though.

Hotspurr

Banned
Played it and didnt really enjoy.
Everything about this game feels very stale. It just got dull quickly and I stopped playing. If you like dark souls and are itching for a similar type of game this might draw you in sufficiently.

Aion002

Yeah. It's got semi-randomized levels (so you won't see 100% of the content in one go), and it's pretty intense.

I haven't played it since right after launch, but the bosses were a bit weird (some were absolute nightmares, some were push overs, some almost required a specific gear setup) and multiplayer was really not meant for randoms. I had fun though.
I agree with you. I finished in coop 3 times and it was fun.

However it's not even close the souls quality.

Just adding up:

At least on launch it had a lot of glitches and network problems, also because of the randomized aspect, with bad luck, you could even finish the game twice and skip some of the bosses... They added a option reroll stages and even with that you had to reroll a couple of times to get different bosses.

The art style is kinda bad and the armors and guns are not cool or unique. Nonetheless the graphics are bad and the performance on ps4 was kinda garbage... DKS3 looks and plays way better for example.

Also the class system and character builds are ok... Just that, they add to little to the game. Most stages consists of enemies ahead of you, then magically a couple of enemies gank you from the flank and behind... On coop that becomes trivial, on sp it is annoying and unfair.

Finally the story hypes itself a little but it ends going nowhere.

DrJohnGalt

Banned
Agreed with the random bosses ranging from easy to nightmare. There were a few times I've had to re-roll the world just to try get an easier boss.
I enjoyed the game, I liked the idea, but it seemed to get a bit repetitive after a while. Sure, each time I played on somebody else's game was different in terms of layout and sometimes bosses, but the gameplay loop remained the same.

Still, physical is cool. Wish they would have done it from the start.

Top Bottom