• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy’s Control multiplayer game has entered full production & Tencent increases its shares in Remedy from 5% to 14.8%

codename-condor-1024x576.jpg

The Finnish company said today that the game has moved from the production readiness stage it discussed last month to full production, “meaning it has reached the final development stage before a game is launched”.

It added: “Based on wide internal playtests, we can see that the core loop is engaging, and the game brings a unique Remedy angle to the genre.”

Billed as the studio’s “first step towards service-based games”, Condor has an initial development budget of €25 million ($27.1m).
Built on Remedy’s in-house Northlight engine, it’s in development for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.

“After the Hiss Invasion, the Oldest House is under lockdown: a boiling pot of volatile and dangerous supernatural forces,” Remedy said of the game in its annual financial report, which was published in March.

“Trapped within is the last vestige of the Federal Bureau of Control who will need to take a stand and push back to regain control. Desperate times require desperate measures. And everyone’s needed.

“The Control franchise is larger than one story, or one character,” it continued. “With codename Condor, we invite players on a collective journey into the depths of the Oldest House.
“Within, they’ll face overwhelming enemies and obstacles, but by relying on their gear and each other, they will have a chance for survival.”

Condor will be a “service-based fixed price” game rather than a free-to-play title, according to Remedy.

“These are premium games that may have a lower initial price point but a long tail of revenue through updates, game expansions and potentially microtransactions.”
It was also confirmed today that Tencent has increased its shareholding in Remedy to 14.8 percent.

The Chinese tech giant, which had held a 5.01% shareholding as of November 2022, is scheduled to publish an upcoming Remedy game called Codename Kestrel.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Just finished Control and I enjoyed it quite a lot, the combat is really fun specially later in the game when you have all the abilities.

I could see a coop multiplayer with this formula being decent though I'm more interested about the sequel.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'd prefer Control 2. Unless designed well this is a floppy fish before it even leaves the ocean.

I'm so sure the first thing gamers want from a great single player game is a Multiplayer game.

Last edited:

Holammer

Helldivers 2 is one of the best selling games right now and this can become a HD2 substitute for Xbox players, but personally I'm not feeling it for one in the Control universe.
What are you [Remedy] bringing to the table?

• LOL
Reactions: GHG
Good luck. It's a graveyard of MP shooters games out there. Most people stick to a handful of favorites at most and don't even check out the absolute flood of these.

Saber

Gold Member
Lmao
I'm getting LoU2 multiplayer vibes here. Yeah, a multiplayer of Control that totally lacks any form of appeal will do wonders against the top multiplayers in the market. The black suits must think its that easy.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m always willing to try games by them.

Curious if SBI will be infesting this game too…

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Lmao this is going to be a floppage spectacle. Masterclass of how to make a big flop game, incoming

Not a soul wants remedy to do MP but their stupid and visionless publisher/investors

Last edited:
I enjoy me some multiplayer games, but it is really bad when great Single Player studios make GAAS games. If the game ends up good, then kiss goodbye to their future single player output. If the game sucks, it is just wasted resources that could have gone to developing games they actually thrive on making

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Not a soul wants remedy to do MP but their stupid and visionless publisher/investors
7211a22aa58adbdc91a981da03543682_w200.gif

I'd wager most, if not all, multiplayer gamers everywhere, want them doing a multiplayer game over yet another single player game.

Could be their Helldivers 2 moment. They could use a hit.

Top Bottom