• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 in “Final Stage of Full Production”, Remedy Confirms; Max Payne 1&2 Remake Progressed Well

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
alan-wake-2-HD-scaled.jpg

Earlier today, the Finish developer shared its most recent financial earnings for Q1 of 2023, accompanied by some comments from CEO Tero Virtala. In these comments, the CEO also mentioned the sequel to 2019's Control, which we know, was recently moved into the proof-of-concept stage. According to Virtala, development on the game has progressed well since January with the game's dev team focusing on gameplay mechanics and world-building. In addition, the team has been working on the visual target of the title.

As for Project Condor - Remedy's service-based Control spin-off, has continued its steady progress with the team working on key gameplay design. In addition, the CEO said that the team has found new ways to "use existing assets and locations from the world of the original Control".

As said, Virtala also shared updates on Alan Wake 2, which has entered the final stage of full production ahead of the game's release later this year. According to the CEO, he's impressed with the game's quality and has said that the title holds plenty of promise. "Alan Wake 2 will be a game that we will all be proud of and most importantly I am sure it will be a game that players will love to play", Virtual said in the earnings release.

Meanwhile, development on the Max Payne 1&2 Remakes is also progressing well, and the game has now also moved to the proof-of-concept phase. According to the earnings release, the game's dev team has been focusing on highlighting the key elements of the Max Payne games and bringing these classics to the current-gen platforms. "Max Payne 1&2 remake has progressed well and during the first quarter the project moved into the proof-of-concept stage", Remedy's CEO said. "The development team has worked efficiently in proving the key elements of what Max Payne is all about and in bringing the game in high quality to today’s consoles and PCs. We expect the project to keep advancing well and with that, the team size will expand gradually towards year-end."

rapid32.5

Glad the development goes great for them. I enjoyed every game they have made, probably the only dev I can say about it. Alan Wake was really overlooked back then could have been bad timing and weak MS marketing.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Too many projects at once, hope it works out for them, not sure about a control sequel, the game was good, but did not feel like a game that was going to sell big numbers.
I mean is that a bad thing? DMC 5 was a 8/10 PS2 game through and through, because of that I loved the shit out of it enough to finish it 4 times on PS4, twice on PC and twice for the special edition on PS5. Every game doesn't need to be a 150 million dollar Wally Walky talky emotional movie game

Reactions: Gp1
I remake of Max is long overdue and can't wait for Alan Wake, such a great game on the 360.
Sadly like so many games with MS, the don't look to make a sequel unless it sells millions of copies on day one

Mokus

I wonder what kind of remake are going to be the Max Payne 1 & 2. The original games gameplay need a serious update.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
To be honest, there isn't a single Remedy game that I have disliked. Huge fan of Alan Wake and Control. Quantum Break was OK.
Just wait for their service based game. I don't know if it is possible to make one that doesn't suck. But yes their single player games are good.

Gp1

I wonder what kind of remake are going to be the Max Payne 1 & 2. The original games gameplay need a serious update.

Max Payne 3 gunplay still is awesome. Besides that, they have Control and Quantum.
That's a good starting point, even with MP3 being developed by Rockstar.

shaddam

I really need to play max payne 1-2. Back in the days my pc was too shit to play it.
I couldn't finish AW, maybe I should give it another chance

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
"Progressed well"

Shouldn't that read, "progressing well..."

Proofread your articles, people. Oh, and this is a first I heard of Max Payne 1 & 2 remake, hopefully not butchered then I will be so in.

Top Bottom