• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall PC Specifications Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member
FuurXd4XgAQU5Lm

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Not to be insulting, but out of curiosity as almost nl one is talking in this thread in half an hour, I would like to ask.
Wich config will allow 60 fps? The recommended or the ultra one?

Astray

Thanks.

If I was evil, I would say that it was imposed by Microsoft. But maybe direct storage latest iteration is only compatible with Windows 11?
Direct Storage reportedly works with W10, Microsoft is just trying to nudge more people into W11.

Spec sheet gives me little reason to believe that Series X shouldn’t have a 60fps mode day 1. Those aren’t heavy.
Resolution and fps aren't given on the 3 sets of specs so I would hold one's horses on that.

Also they made a mistake, RX580 and GTX1070 both have 8 GB of VRAM, not 6.

sendit

Interesting that Ultra specs list Windows 11 as the requirement. Any particular reason for that? Seems pretty weird.

Direct Storage.

"DirectStorage games will work on both Windows 10 and Windows 11, but there are additional optimizations in the IO stack available to Windows 11 users"

Last edited:

Krathoon

I am finally using my GamePass. I am pre-installing the game on my desktop and laptop. The laptop has a 3070 RTX and the desktop has a 1080 GTX.

I need to put the 3060 RTX I got a while back into the desktop.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

The cynical side of me says that the reason for this is because the game is going to run like fucking dog shit, just like Last of Us and Jedi Survivor. Hoping I'm wrong for those looking forward to this.
Considering this is locked 30 fps on the Series consoles, i highly suspect this is the kind of game that can't keep steady framerates.

Barakov

nicolas cage hair GIF

Given the way this game looks, I'd think they'd be way lower than what they are. I think it's safe to say we're knee deep in the era of shit optimization on PC.

Krathoon

A 1080 GTX should still run the game pretty well. That card is not quite dead yet. I also bet an external SSD will work fine.

I meet the recommended specs at least (I'm on a 2080) and my CPU is better. Hopefully 1440 at medum - high settings will get me 60 fps.

My 3080 sitting precariously on the edge of the Ultra recs these days. It's only a matter of time...

I've got Game Pass, so I'll check this out. I hope even 50% of Arkane's typical world-building and immersion comes through in this, but:

Meryl Streep Doubt GIF

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It has nothing to do with the owner of the publisher.
Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office
Don't think MS really care if you upgrade for free to Windows 11 other than the extra security. It's not like the old days where they were trying to sell you a new copy, Windows is just the door to all their different subscriptions and services nowadays.

Krathoon

I am still holding on to my Win10 because Win11 requires that special chip. That totally turned me off on it.

It may support TPM, but I have to turn on PTT in the BIOS.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I am still holding on to my Win10 because Win11 requires that special chip. That totally turned me off on it.

It may support TPM, but I have to turn on PTT in the BIOS.
You can get USB bootable editions of W11 that bypass the login stuff and TPM as well.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Somewhere between minimum and recommended but I will be all the way at Ultra when I finish my new build this month.

Pretty steep requirements for a game that isn't a real graphical showcase though.

magikarp7

Just started pre-loading. It came free with my 4000 series card. Looks a bit meh tbh but I'll give it a chance cause Arkane arent bad.

Top Bottom