• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall has received its first major patch, adding over 80 fixes

NEbeast

Channel 9 Reaction GIF by The Block

TexMex

They need to do it for their own business reputation and the reputation of their own service. Despite the fact that the game was total shit this was a major MS release and they need to support it, if they start releasing buggy games and abandoning them and breaking promises (yes they promised 60fps) they are no better than 3rd rate piece of shit companies like Aspyr.

I hear you, but I do disagree. The Redfall reputation black mark is only visible by hardcore gamers. GAF and forum dwellers represent a fraction of a percent of their players. 99% of their player base has no idea what we’re talking about right now. They aren’t even aware of a Redfall controversy.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I hear you, but I do disagree. The Redfall reputation black mark is only visible by hardcore gamers. GAF and forum dwellers represent a fraction of a percent of their players. 99% of their player base has no idea what we’re talking about right now. They aren’t even aware of a Redfall controversy.
Well, imagine you’re a normie and you hop on GP to see what’s out there and you download Redfall, because hey after all it’s a MS game etc. Well turns out it’s a massive buggy broken pile of shit that has been completely abandoned by the company you’re paying your $15 a month to, how does that look? You don’t need to know about the redfall controversy to see the dynamic here.

I’m not saying MS needs to put in 5 years of work to FF14/NMS this, just get it to a functional decent level with the performance level they promised. Then if it doesn’t stick then hey do what you must.

TexMex

Well, imagine you’re a normie and you hop on GP to see what’s out there and you download Redfall, because hey after all it’s a MS game etc. Well turns out it’s a massive buggy broken pile of shit that has been completely abandoned by the company you’re paying your $15 a month to, how does that look? You don’t need to know about the redfall controversy to see the dynamic here.

I’m not saying MS needs to put in 5 years of work to FF14/NMS this, just get it to a functional decent level with the performance level they promised. Then if it doesn’t stick then hey do what you must.

If im a normie I probably don’t know better and almost certainly don’t know the difference between 30 and 60. And if I pulled it off GP and hate it I don’t even think about it again and I’m just on to the next game.

I hear what you’re saying and I don’t disagree on principal. I just think that in this case specifically, it’s a waste of time for them to fix a game that no one wants to play, even if all the technical issues were resolved, all for a little positive PR that will most likely go unnoticed and if it doesn’t, absolutely forgotten about almost immediately.

Top Bottom